PDA

View Full Version : Firing line: gssf glock buyers beware!

plumbum
02-14-2014, 07:31 AM
Ok, let me first say that even though this happened I do not "hate" the shop. Only because I think every shop has some sort of shady practices going on at some level. I have been going there for 10yrs + since they have opened. im not a "fan boy" lol. i dont have any shirts from them. i mainly go there because its really close to home and prices are good on most things.

here is the deal. When someone has a GSSF discount coupon it allows you to buy a "blue label " glock at a price usually $25 higher than what LEO would pay.

Ok, so within the blue label program EVERY, I repeat EVERY model comes with 3 magazines EXCEPT subcompact models.
This includes Gen 3. (Which historically comes with 2 mags in a "red label"/civilian model.)

So I had a gssf purchase coupon and was buying a gen 3 blue label.
Well let's just say I basically had to fight/talk with the one of the owners ( retired cops btw) that my gen 3 came with 3 mags. He tried some BS story that gssf blue labels were diff. and I shut that down. I presented the printed the GSSF paper work and told him I talked to glock that afternoon which I did. He finally caved, and gave me the third mag.

Well here is the kicker. EVERY model of glock regardless of label lists how many mags should come in the box right on the sticker.
I didn't think about it until after I got done on the range. This is what I found

They sharpied over the 3 so they could steal a mag out of the box and sell it outright for another $25 profit! Worst part is they originally thought I was a cop because I was buying a blue label and we hadn't talked about my gssf coupon yet, and they were still gonna stiff me on the mag.assuming i was a cop as well.

Moral of the story is you can't trust any of these shops now days. Make sure you know exactly what your supposed to be getting with your purchase.
My "problem" is actually a big issue. Google " glock blue label 3rd magazine stolen" a whole bunch of posts will come up. Not necessarily about this shop but shops in general doing it

plumbum
02-14-2014, 07:43 AM
Forgot to post the pic

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/crod45/9BA5D261-0867-4090-ABC6-C3C8EC248DD4_zpsd8efmhjf.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/crod45/media/9BA5D261-0867-4090-ABC6-C3C8EC248DD4_zpsd8efmhjf.jpg.html)

Hailstorm
02-14-2014, 07:51 AM
I understand trying to do ncrease profit. That theft in my eyes. You buy a carton of eggs and only find ten eggs.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 08:33 AM
its down right theft. i did some searching online and glock is not happy with this practice. apparently at some point letters were sent out to all dealers warning them to stop being thieves!!!

they cant "get away " with it on gen 4 models, because even civilian models come with 3 mags. (except supposedly sub compacts, but i have seen 3 mags with those as well)

nrich1979
02-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Yeah that's theft.. I'm curious to know what shop owners have to say for themselves..

If they don't respond I'll repost this story on social media..

If they are doing this, I would also share your experience with Glock..

Dabears!
02-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Moral of the story is you can't trust any of these shops now days. Make sure you know exactly what your supposed to be getting with your purchase.
My "problem" is actually a big issue. Google " glock blue label 3rd magazine stolen" a whole bunch of posts will come up.

you can trust shops.
not all but you can.
there are plenty like us that are honest.
I have heard of people doing that.
hell one down the road was selling rock river ar15s with no mags and no hard case in march 2013, friend bought one from them since everything was FUBAR and we couldnt get one for a year.

he was offered the rock river hard case and an aluminum mag at an extra price and he declined.

there will ALWAYS be people who are looking to take advantage of someone unfortunately.
but dont condem everyone based on the actions of some.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Yeah that's theft.. I'm curious to know what shop owners have to say for themselves..

If they don't respond I'll repost this story on social media..

If they are doing this, I would also share your experience with Glock..

Well, I'm not trying to get myself banned from there shop...lmao.
I'm just trying to protect other innocent victims on these 3rd gen mag scam.

I'm sure they won't have anything to say for themselves. I'm the idiot that's blowing it out of proportion/changing the story, they are Gun gods worship them etc.

Dabears!
02-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Well, I'm not trying to get myself banned from there shop...lmao.
I'm just trying to protect other innocent victims on these 3rd gen mag scam.

I'm sure they won't have anything to say for themselves. I'm the idiot that's blowing it out of proportion/changing the story, they are Gun gods worship them etc.

stop being part of the problem?

seriously? they tried to rip you off and you are worried about not being able to go back?

why would you want to go back?
if you went out to eat and watched the waiter attempt to spit on your food and miss.
would you complain about it and then return to eat again?

nrich1979
02-14-2014, 10:19 AM
you can trust shops.
not all but you can.
hell one down the road was selling rock river ar15s with no mags and no hard case in march 2013, friend bought one from them since everything was FUBAR and we couldnt get one for a year.

he was offered the rock river hard case and an aluminum mag at an extra price and he declined.

there will ALWAYS be people who are looking to take advantage of someone unfortunately.

I have bought a few guns from kris and have nothing but positive things to say about the experience..

It is certainly not all shops..

plumbum
02-14-2014, 10:20 AM
you can trust shops.
not all but you can.

i agree. not all shops are bad. im always on the offensive anyways. imo its like going to a car dealer. in many ways shops some times prey on "new" or "uninformed" people. selling them extra things/jacking the price up, stealing mags etc. especially in the "gun world" they try to use intimidation to sell products. ive seen in multiple times in different gun shops. like i said. not all, shops but sadly its more than what people realize

plumbum
02-14-2014, 10:22 AM
stop being part of the problem?

seriously? they tried to rip you off and you are worried about not being able to go back?

why would you want to go back?
if you went out to eat and watched the waiter attempt to spit on your food and miss.
would you complain about it and then return to eat again?

i have other ranges by me i could frequent, BUT like i said. i have seen "things" at other shops/ranges over the years that werent exactly honest either. if i said i would never go back to each shop i would never be able to shoot anywhere...lol

Dabears!
02-14-2014, 10:40 AM
that is where you and I differ sir.
I wont take my business or my money to anyone who does not earn it.
and by being dishonest to the people supporting them, they do not earn it.

I do understand your point and its a real bummer that there aint anywhere close by you feel is honest man it really is.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 10:47 AM
There is still a couple, especially the newer ones that are still ok In my book.
I don't or didn't frequent the firing line exclusively or that often honestly. So ultimately I probably will stop going there. I'll take all of my range buddies with me. There are the other 2 ranges within 5 miles give or take from firing line as well.

Dabears!
02-14-2014, 10:53 AM
thats a lot o ranges!

METL
02-14-2014, 11:20 AM
THanks for sharing the story... I don't frequent that shop since it's far from my area, but always good to keep those sorts of tidbits in the back of my mind... perhaps I will end up in there some day... and when I don't buy anything I can tell them why. ;)

bigmatt17073
02-14-2014, 11:23 AM
I bought my Glock 19 Gen 4 through Firing Line with a GSSF coupon last month. When I was there in late December they didn't have any 9mm Blue Labels except for a 17 which I already own. So I had them order one for me. The guy taking the order said they might arrive in a few weeks or a few months they don't know exactly. I said I wasn't in a big hurry to get it. Less than three weeks go by and I get a call saying it is in. I bought it later that day and it has three magazines just like it comes with. I've always had good experiences at Firing Line, but have only started shopping there in the last 6 months.

Unistat76
02-14-2014, 11:36 AM
thats a lot o ranges!

Within 15 miles of my house, I have my choice of at least 5 places to shoot and an additional 14 or 15 places to buy guns/ammo. Of those additional 14-15, about 5-6 are dedicated gun/outdoor shops.

Lot's of places to buy from. I wouldn't even blink about walking away from a place like in the OP.

jgreen
02-14-2014, 11:41 AM
I live in Westland, and I usually go to Firing Line for range use only. I find their prices to be a little on the high side, but not crazy. I took a few classes through them and those were top notch.

I think they were much more customer oriented when they were over on Executive Drive. Since the've moved, it seems like they are volume focused rather than customer focused.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 12:11 PM
I live in Westland, and I usually go to Firing Line for range use only. I find their prices to be a little on the high side, but not crazy. I took a few classes through them and those were top notch.

I think they were much more customer oriented when they were over on Executive Drive. Since the've moved, it seems like they are volume focused rather than customer focused.

i used to think their prices were ridiculous back at their old shop many years ago. with all of the other ranges/stores popping up it kind of forced them to come down to earth with pricing imo. i cant speak about every gun manufacturer they sell and pricing, BUT i havent been able to beat their pricing on any of the "popular" guns. i.e. glocks, hk, m&p etc when calling around. its not by much but usually cheaper than the other ranges within close proximity. mainly because those other ranges give you "free" range time and firing line doesnt. now, if you were going to be able to take advantage of the free range time you could def. in the long run "save" way more money than buying at the firing line.

Mongo
02-14-2014, 01:17 PM
I'd contact Glock just for the hell of it. Maybe they'll hook you up with some extra swag, or better yet, call out this shop for it's horrid practices.

Dabears!
02-14-2014, 01:31 PM
I'd contact Glock just for the hell of it. Maybe they'll hook you up with some extra swag, or better yet, call out this shop for it's horrid practices.
THIS.
smart man Mongo.

if glock finds out they are screwing people out of their merchandise they will no longer allow them to be a stocking dealer or blue label dealer.

hitem where it hurts.
they were gonna do it to you.

Imshootin
02-14-2014, 02:02 PM

If it wasn't one of the owners (Don, Tommy or Grant) that sold the OP his gun, I think he ought to contact one of them before he does anything. Maybe the employee that sold him the gun is trying to make extra money on the side and they'd appreciate knowing about the incident instead of finding out about it here on MGO-DMC.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 02:06 PM
I hate to break it to you but it was one of those 3 you mentioned I was talking with about the mag while the employee was completing the transaction.

Corruption starts at the top. lol

Imshootin
02-14-2014, 02:14 PM
I hate to break it to you but it was one of those 3 you mentioned I was talking with about the mag while the employee was completing the transaction.

Which one? I'm going up there later and I'll discuss it with him if he's there.

Corpsie
02-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Glock wants people to actively report when their firearms are not delivered with all the items it left the warehouse with.

I can't find the Glock letter to shoppers, but here is a copy of the letter sent to retailers/distributors/dealers

http://blog.buwahaha.com/2013/03/high-mountain-hunting-supply/

HK91
02-14-2014, 03:58 PM
I can remember them doing this before after Sandy Hook. They were making people buy the mags separate.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks corpsie I may just have to do that to keep others from getting screwed.
Even though there is no excuse I almost barely could have believed it was a mistake and somehow it accidentally got removed from the box.

UNTIL I noticed the sharpie dot trying to cover up the number 3 in front of the 17rd mag on the sticker. (The pic I posted)

nrich1979
02-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Just a question aren't the gen 3s sold with two mags?

JohnJak
02-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Turn them in, unless it really didn't happen that way.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 04:28 PM
Just a question aren't the gen 3s sold with two mags?

Only civilian "red label" gen 3 models are sold with 2 mags.

I called gssf/glock to confirm that blue label gen 3 models (except sub compact ) come with 3 mags.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Turn them in, unless it really didn't happen that way.

I'm gonna call and get an email address

Just talked to gssf branch. They told me who to get a hold of at glock corporate.
He said its a definite problem and needs to be reported since they are absolutely not allowed to do this. He said they don't take it lightly.

Bad news, they just closed. Have to call Monday.

JohnS624
02-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Sig did the same thing after Obama's first election and no one cared about them. They started shipping guns with one mag and said that they had more guns than mags and wanted to get them in the hands of consumers. Ironically, at the same time, you could buy all the blister packed extra mags that you wanted.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 06:37 PM
This isn't a glock issue it's a dealer issue

Imshootin
02-14-2014, 07:34 PM

Getting ready to head to FL. Which owner was it you claim you were talking to?
You must have missed my last post.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 07:40 PM
I don't want to publicly call out one person. IMO it's a "team" effort up there.
I'm trying to be as "professional" about it as I can.
Yeah as one poster said they tried to screw me. So I think it needs to be brought to glocks attention and let the rep deal with it.

Dabears!
02-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Getting ready to head to FL. Which owner was it you claim you were talking to?
You must have missed my last post.
no offense but what business is it of yours to discuss for him?

hes a big boy he can handle it on his own.

wsr
02-14-2014, 07:51 PM
I don't want to publicly call out one person. IMO it's a "team" effort up there.
I'm trying to be as "professional" about it as I can.
Yeah as one poster said they tried to screw me. So I think it needs to be brought to glocks attention and let the rep deal with it.

I understand what you think you are doing by not naming names but in reality you are doing the opposite you are painting the other two as liars and as trying to rip you off when they have nothing personally to do with it.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 07:53 PM
At this point there is really nothing left for me to handle with FL. Damage is done. Looks like I will be going elsewhere from now on.

That $25 mag cost them a lot of money in future range time, ammo, guns etc.also some of my friends decided they won't be going there any more either.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 07:54 PM
I understand what you think you are doing by not naming names but in reality you are doing the opposite you are painting the other two as liars and as trying to rip you off when they have nothing personally to do with it.

Ok fine, lol. Since I'm not going back. It was TOM I was talking with while the employee rang it up

plumbum
02-14-2014, 07:56 PM

Also, even though I was talking with him I wouldn't doubt if the others new about it some kind of mag scam. It would be hard to believe IMO they didn't.
It's not like he took the gun case in the back and put that marker on it while we were talking. It came out of the back room with the sharpie mark on it and 2 mags.

I wouldn't have even been posting this if when I asked about the 3rd mag they said " oh yeah hold on let me go get it" accident oops.

wsr
02-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Ok fine, lol. Since I'm not going back. It was TOM I was talking with while the employee rang it up

That sucks I like Tommy

plumbum
02-14-2014, 08:08 PM
I did too. I traded/bought a lot of guns there over the years and talked to him a lot back then.

kjm_rebuild
02-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Williams gunsight did me right last month in January, bought a Glock19 with three 15 round mags.

plumbum
02-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Williams gunsight did me right last month in January, bought a Glock19 with three 15 round mags.

If it's a gen 4 Leo or civilian they all come with 3 mags from factory.

If it's a blue label/Leo gun they all come with 3 mags

Just civilian 3rd gen guns come with 2 mags and

Some subcompacts

Imshootin
02-14-2014, 08:52 PM
no offense but what business is it of yours to discuss for him?

hes a big boy he can handle it on his own.

No offense but my intention is not to discuss anything for him. My intent was to make the owner aware of this thread since I was going up there anyway.
Needless to say, there's usually two sides to every story and there is.
OP can do whatever he wants.
By the way, what business is it of yours to ask questions for him? Like you said, "He's a big boy".

wsr
02-14-2014, 08:58 PM
No offense but my intention is not to discuss anything for him. My intent was to make the owner aware of this thread since I was going up there anyway.
By the way, what business is it of yours to ask questions for him? Like you said, "He's a big boy".

So whats the other side of the story?

plumbum
02-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Yeah I'm curious to hear as well.

Probably it was an "honest" mistake.

Or it never happened.

The sharpie mark was for inventory purposes.

Like I said, no sharpie mark I could have possibly believed it was some kind if accident. if he wasnt so adamant that gssf guns didn't get 3 mags and I found the sharpie mark I don't care what anyone says I know what they were up to. There wouldn't be a whole slew of internet threads about this being a "problem" for glock and lots of dealers if it wasn't happening somewhere.

kjm_rebuild
02-14-2014, 09:12 PM
If it's a gen 4 Leo or civilian they all come with 3 mags from factory

Forgot to post that it is a gen4!

Dabears!
02-14-2014, 09:37 PM

I said no offense and I meant it.
I was asking for myself.
personal curiosity, you did not say you were going to tell him about the thread, rather you said discuss it with him.

see why it sounds like you wanted to go there and talk to him about what happened?

Dabears!
02-14-2014, 09:43 PM
So whats the other side of the story?
THIS
I am very curious as I have a strong stance on this kinda thing.

ALL LEO blue label glocks come with 3 mags EXCEPT
3rd Gen 26/27/33

dont ask me why I dont know. but that is documented on the boxes as 2 mags.
gen 4 26/27/33s that we have sold have 3 now.

dunno if the new 3rd gens do havent gotten one in.

barry1me
02-15-2014, 12:48 AM
That sucks I like Tommy

Tom is the shadeiest one I have seen there. He tried doing some interesting things on gun broker last year when we tried buying a set of LMT ARs from them. I like Floyd, and Matt. I have spent a lot of money there in past year but after hearing this it doesn't surprise me. This is why I buy from gun broker or guys like nick in traverse city and transfer to me.

Cocowheats
02-15-2014, 02:20 AM
THIS
I am very curious as I have a strong stance on this kinda thing.

ALL LEO blue label glocks come with 3 mags EXCEPT
3rd Gen 26/27/33

dont ask me why I dont know. but that is documented on the boxes as 2 mags.
gen 4 26/27/33s that we have sold have 3 now.

dunno if the new 3rd gens do havent gotten one in.
Glock is still making new gen 3s? All models? Can PM me if you'd prefer.

Quads
02-15-2014, 03:43 AM
Someone still needs to call Glock and let them know that one of their authorized dealers is doing this.

wsr
02-15-2014, 07:26 AM

Whats the rest of the story?

You must have missed my other post

nrich1979
02-15-2014, 07:30 AM
You should have just bought an HK

Lol. Sorry I just wanted to be the guy who did that on a thread...

Carry on.

plumbum
02-15-2014, 10:18 AM
looked at my phone this morning to see a missed call and voicemail from them.
it was one of the guys calling to let me know a shield was avail. since i was on that list. first thing that came to my mind is its a trap to try and draw me in to the shop. lol. so they can take me in the back room for exposing them......... lol

dramey82
02-15-2014, 10:42 AM
it was one of the guys calling to let me know a shield was avail. since i was on that list. first thing that came to my mind is its a trap to try and draw me in to the shop. lol. so they can take me in the back room for exposing them......... lol

First thing I thought of was the movie Casino, about 2 min in.

KYa1IsxGVuc

JohnS624
02-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Glock is still making new gen 3s? All models? Can PM me if you'd prefer.Yeah.

kgun12
02-15-2014, 11:41 AM
It's like being bullied, you can whine about it and hope someone helps you or you can punch them in the throat and they stop being a bully! :wink:

special reserve
02-15-2014, 12:10 PM
They have been doing this for years. They pulled a similar stunt with me 2-3 years ago. I tried using my GSSF certificate but ended up just leaving with a red label, 2 mags. They told me they wouldn't sell me a blue label because I wasn't LE. I got GSSF pricing but no blue label. I argued with them for about an hour. At some point it's not worth the time. This was years before the sandy hook rush so an extra mag wasn't that big of a deal. I vowed never to go back. Now I get all my GSSF guns from CMP in Lansing. I call em up and order whatever I want. If they don't have it in stock and they call me when they get it. I just picked up one a few weeks ago. I would rather make the 3 hour round trip drive to Lansing than give those clowns at Firing Line another penny. Sorry to hear they still act this way.

plumbum
02-15-2014, 12:12 PM
It's like being bullied, you can whine about it and hope someone helps you or you can punch them in the throat and they stop being a bully! :wink:

i already said i contacted glock and they told me who specifically to talk with at glock corp. they just closed when i called on FRI. i plan on calling on MON.

im sure there are a few people that think im making it up or lying. fanboy's will never see the light. "they" are not your buddies. its a business. they are trying to line their pockets with money.

kgun12
02-15-2014, 12:54 PM
i already said i contacted glock and they told me who specifically to talk with at glock corp. they just closed when i called on FRI. i plan on calling on MON.

im sure there are a few people that think im making it up or lying. fanboy's will never see the light. "they" are not your buddies. its a business. they are trying to line their pockets with money.

I saw that, was just adding my thoughts. We all need to hold all businesses to a high standard, we work to hard for our money and the 47 million on welfare we are paying for not to!

Corpsie
02-15-2014, 01:14 PM

Thank you for following up with Glock. I realize it's a pain-in-the-rear, but it is the appropriate thing to do. I also realize it's a larger pain-in-the-rear since it's about a place close to you.

plumbum
02-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Luckily I don't live in Westland or there would prob an apb out on me....
Lol

I was thinking. At one time it prob wasn't as much of a risk because there weren't as many dealers in close proximity. Fast foward to now and glock could put the hurt on them and not lose market presence because of the other dealers so close. It might not be as bad as pulling glock from the store BUT they could severely redistribute what and how many end up at that store and make sure they go to the other shops nearby instead? Idk just thinking

JohnS624
02-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Most firearms aren't bought directly from the manufacturers but rather through distributors. The only major exceptions are Sig and Benelli.

Slossar1004
02-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Lots of retailers try to pull this stunt. This is not gun related, but guitar shops will sell guitars without a case or tools etc. MSRP always includes these items; the manufacturer or distributor expects these items to be sold as a package.

Caveat emptor.

I say dime 'em out to the distributor or manufacturer.

Thanks for sharing the info.

1-2many
02-15-2014, 06:45 PM

Haha! I did. :-)

To offset things a bit. I just bought the HK from them a couple of weeks back--the only local store that had the one I wanted in stock--and it had three mags (civilian purchase only come with two.) Also, A couple of months back, a buddy bought a Gen 4 Glock 26 and it came with three mags and night sights but he paid regular price so got a bonus.

That being said, I rarely shop there due to a past dealing on a Sig Equinox that was missing the wood grips (I didn't know they were supposed to be included until I got home and looked it up.) They said Sig must have not put it in the box but would get me a set right away. Four years later and no grips. I get the feeling, they pulled them out of the box.

Dabears!
02-15-2014, 09:28 PM

That being said, I rarely shop there due to a past dealing on a Sig Equinox that was missing the wood grips (I didn't know they were supposed to be included until I got home and looked it up.) They said Sig must have not put it in the box but would get me a set right away. Four years later and no grips. I get the feeling, they pulled them out of the box.

the grips dont come in the box, they are on the gun.

CallmeDave
02-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Not the first time I've heard of this from them. I don't mean to get on the train of basing FL, I was a fanboy when they where at there old store but ever since they moved there service has fallen and there prices rose.
Except Floyd he's cool.

plumbum
02-15-2014, 10:18 PM

To offset things a bit. I just bought the HK from them a couple of weeks back--the only local store that had the one I wanted in stock--and it had three mags (civilian purchase only come with two.) Also, A couple of months back, a buddy bought a Gen 4 Glock 26 and it came with three mags and night sights but he paid regular price so got a bonus.

well, just to add some food for thought. since your sig experience didnt happen to me i can only speculate. so i did a little search. this seems to be the current market price for those grips you did not receive with your gun.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=EQUINOX+SIG+SAUER+GRIPS

looks to be about $90-100 avg. so lets just say they "accidentally" got switched out to the plastic grips on every single sig equinox they recieved at the shop. if the buyer doesnt notice, the shop just scored an extra $100 when they resell them at the shop. lets face it, not every person that buys a firearm is "infatuated" like us. it might be their first gun etc. so odds are they will never catch the mistake and quite honestly would believe whatever the gun shop told them about why those grips arent on the gun if questioned.
sort of like the "explanation" that they tried on me about gssf blue labels being different than leo blue labels. now that i look back, they were straight into defense mode.

after hearing all of these stories i know i am done there now. just think, a few of the stories we have heard on this board probably make up about 1% of the customers that go there. imagine all of the stuff we arent hearing about.........

MSUICEMAN
02-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Thank you for all the reviews and explanations. I know of one shop I will not set foot in from this point on. Even if they are the only ones in-stock in something I want, I'd rather wait and give my hard-earned, honest money to a hard-working, honest dealer.

Dabears!
02-15-2014, 10:48 PM
you should inherently believe, that the people who want to support your business, are people you should treat well and with respect.

almost everyone has the internet and can find out what something should come with, why risk losing a return customer over something as trivial as in all seriousness, less than 5% of the products price?

say the customer comes back and buys another gun that you make 15-20% on, and then again, and again and again.

all for 25 bucks?

1-2many
02-15-2014, 11:25 PM

Mine only came with rubber grips and did not come with the wood grips. I assumed it came with the rubber/plastic grips installed and the wood grips in the box (or vice versa) but point being I didn't get the wood grips. FL did not deny that it should have had the wood grips. Taken from Sigs website:

"The Equinox® is the balance between day and night.. The P229® Equinox is a compact .40 S&W designed by SIG SAUER® Custom Shop master gunsmiths. It features a two-tone accented Nitron® stainless steel slide with a lightweight black hard-anodized alloy frame. The contrast in color is achieved by the brush polished flats of the slide and nickel accents. The combination of the TRUGLO® Tritium Fiber Optic front sight and the rear SIGLITE® night sight, provides excellent target acquisition, whether shooting day or night. To further enhance the low-light use, the Equinox comes equipped with an accessory rail. To complete the package, the Equinox comes with gray laminated wood grips with a perfect blend of checkering and stippling to enhance not only the form but the function."

1-2many
02-15-2014, 11:32 PM

So the Equinox doesn't even come with rubber/plastic grips at all, just the wood set that should have been on the gun?

plumbum
02-15-2014, 11:35 PM
So the Equinox doesn't even come with rubber/plastic grips at all, just the wood set that should have been on the gun?

........ so yeah, looks like you were had by FL. sounds like a scam move to me. did you see my post on the next page back about how much those grips are selling for?

personally i have NEVER seen any equinox model without the wood grips installed.

Quads
02-15-2014, 11:37 PM
And it gets juicier!

Dabears!
02-15-2014, 11:51 PM

yep.

Dabears!
02-15-2014, 11:52 PM

1-2many
02-16-2014, 12:04 AM
........ so yeah, looks like you were had by FL. sounds like a scam move to me. did you see my post on the next page back about how much those grips are selling for?

personally i have NEVER seen any equinox model without the wood grips installed.

Yeah. Wow. :shake:

nrich1979
02-16-2014, 12:40 AM
could it be some version of the equinox R with the RTF grips installed maybe?

Or a used gun?

Not sure..

I know this much Kris better get my gun in soon or I'll make a whole thread about how takes too long to get my guns delivered..

plumbum
02-16-2014, 12:47 AM

Or a used gun?

Not sure..

I know this much Kris better get my gun in soon or I'll make a whole thread about how takes too long to get my guns delivered..

Lmao!!!!

Hunters21w
02-16-2014, 01:09 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience! Luckily mine went smooth. I will keep this in mind if I go back.

plumbum
02-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Like I said, this isn't my first time buying there. Everything seemed to be ok in the past........ BUT looks like greed has taken control now. Look at the couple stories out little forum has turned up. Imagine on a larger scale what is going on. We are talking thousands of Potential stolen dollars here.

Revdrshad
02-16-2014, 02:05 AM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Another FL thread...Why isn't this place out of business yet...?? :popcorn:

Oreo57
02-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Just my quick :twocents:

What really grinds my gears here is not that FL took a mag out, but that they were dishonest with you about it. Lie to my face and I'll pay more to shop elsewhere for the rest of my life.

MuzzleBrake
02-16-2014, 04:44 AM
I won't step foot in there anymore because of the rude employees.Went there the other week to shoot and a friend of mine was checking to see if they still had a used pistol he seen the other day and the guy was just flat out rude and says if you don't see it then I guess we don't have it in a rude manner and wouldn't even look at all.What kind of customer service is that.i just purchased one a few weeks ago from them and I wish I hadn't after that.Not to mention the cashiers being extremely rude.Ill take my business else where!!There are two guys there that have always been polite but that's all I can speak for.Its a shame some of these shops are like this.Im glad you're putting your foot down!!

StoneyBones
02-16-2014, 06:54 AM
So, who is going to be the first to start the "AngiesList" of the firearms industry?

Here is an idea....take out an ad in a firearms magazine or local paper detailing how they ripped you off and others. That would be pretty effective. More so than threads here. They do not get the traffic and exposure that would result in enough awareness of their shady practices to effect their business.

ETA: Why not sue them? Not for the money, but to send a message? Why not turn them into the police for retail fraud? Do not just take your business elsewhere....that does nothing to help others or to curb that type of behavior. You need to actually do something about instead of a casual convo on MGO.

telephoneman
02-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Just my quick :twocents:

What really grinds my gears here is not that FL took a mag out, but that they were dishonest with you about it. Lie to my face and I'll pay more to shop elsewhere for the rest of my life.

applies to everything and everybody far as I'm concerned.

DEVIL DOG
02-16-2014, 09:39 AM
How 'bout a peaceful sign carrying demonstration in front of the business.?

nrich1979
02-16-2014, 09:41 AM

It's cold and snowing how about a peaceful emailing campaign?

nrich1979
02-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Shaneka Monique Torres in Grand Rapids Michigan just shot a local McDonalds for not putting bacon on her sandwich..

An extra mag seems like a fair comparison..

plumbum
02-16-2014, 11:08 AM

Umm because they are cops and I could predict the outcome to a "peaceful" protest..... Lol it would probably involve Westland swat, riot gear, some form of tear gas, a good tasing and beat down for disturbing the peace.....lmao

DEVIL DOG
02-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Umm because they are cops and I could predict the outcome to a "peaceful" protest..... Lol it would probably involve Westland swat, riot gear, some form of tear gas, a good tasing and beat down for disturbing the peace.....lmao
Sounds like fun, when do we meet?

1-2many
02-16-2014, 12:08 PM

Or a used gun?

Not sure..

It was brand new (at least that's what I was told at the time.) :poke: I'm not too well rehearsed as that was my first and last Sig but it was just the plain old $900 odd dollar Equinox P229 in .40 cal.

Glock40Dude
02-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Ok, let me first say that even though this happened I do not "hate" the shop. Only because I think every shop has some sort of shady practices going on at some level. I have been going there for 10yrs + since they have opened. im not a "fan boy" lol. i dont have any shirts from them. i mainly go there because its really close to home and prices are good on most things.

here is the deal. When someone has a GSSF discount coupon it allows you to buy a "blue label " glock at a price usually $25 higher than what LEO would pay.

Ok, so within the blue label program EVERY, I repeat EVERY model comes with 3 magazines EXCEPT subcompact models.
This includes Gen 3. (Which historically comes with 2 mags in a "red label"/civilian model.)

Well let's just say I basically had to fight/talk with the one of the owners ( retired cops btw) that my gen 3 came with 3 mags. He tried some BS story that gssf blue labels were diff. and I shut that down. I presented the printed the GSSF paper work and told him I talked to glock that afternoon which I did. He finally caved, and gave me the third mag.

Well here is the kicker. EVERY model of glock regardless of label lists how many mags should come in the box right on the sticker.
I didn't think about it until after I got done on the range. This is what I found

They sharpied over the 3 so they could steal a mag out of the box and sell it outright for another $25 profit! Worst part is they originally thought I was a cop because I was buying a blue label and we hadn't talked about my gssf coupon yet, and they were still gonna stiff me on the mag.assuming i was a cop as well.

My "problem" is actually a big issue. Google " glock blue label 3rd magazine stolen" a whole bunch of posts will come up. Not necessarily about this shop but shops in general doing it
In the shops defense, i have purchased 2 glocks thru the military program. Gen 4 comes with 3 mags gen 3 comes with 2 mags.

1-2many
02-16-2014, 12:35 PM
In the shops defense, i have purchased 2 glocks thru the military program. Gen 4 comes with 3 mags gen 3 comes with 2 mags.

This is also true for civilian purchases.

Dabears!
02-16-2014, 12:41 PM

No.

Gen 3 comes with 3 mags if blue label.

Only one with 2 is gen 3 26 27 33
If you bought a blue label gen 3 that wasnt one of them you got ripped off.

Dabears!
02-16-2014, 12:44 PM
It was brand new (at least that's what I was told at the time.) :poke: I'm not too well rehearsed as that was my first and last Sig but it was just the plain old $900 odd dollar Equinox P229 in .40 cal.
Yeah it should have the dark wood grips

plumbum
02-16-2014, 12:44 PM
In the shops defense they are scam artists. Sounds like glock40dude got taken for a ride also.

ALL BLUE LABEL NON SUB COMPACT GLOCKS COME WITH 3 MAGAZINES.

Call gssf glock division and ask for yourself

770-437-4718.

plumbum
02-16-2014, 12:47 PM
No.

He doesn't even realize he got ripped off if his purchases were blue labels...

Ruger
02-16-2014, 01:00 PM
In the shops defense they are scam artists. Sounds like glock40dude got taken for a ride also.

ALL BLUE LABEL NON SUB COMPACT GLOCKS COME WITH 3 MAGAZINES.

Call gssf glock division and ask for yourself

770-437-4718.

I've dealt with those guys for years and if they are withholding that extra mag it had to be done with Tommy's knowledge and consent!

Has anyone confronted him on this? Call him out! He'll have some type of explanation, even if it sounds ridicules, he'll have a story!

Tommy? Mario? Robin? anyone want to jump in and explain about the extra mags coming up missing from the original package?

plumbum
02-16-2014, 01:06 PM
I've dealt with those guys for years and if they are withholding that extra mag it had to be done with Tommy's knowledge and consent!

Has anyone confronted him on this? Call him out! He'll have some type of explanation, even if it sounds ridicules, he'll have a story!

Tommy? Mario? Robin? anyone want to jump in and explain about the extra mags coming up missing from the original package?

In my original post I did confront him about it and that's how I finally got my 3rd mag. The deal was already done by the time I was done and gone and thought about looking at the sticker on the box. That was sharpied over

Ruger
02-16-2014, 01:08 PM
In my original post I did confront him about it and that's how I finally got my 3rd mag. The deal was already done by the time I was done and gone and thought about looking at the sticker on the box. That was sharpied over

So someone tried to disguise or alter the sticker! All of this deception for a few bucks.

plumbum
02-16-2014, 02:07 PM
So someone tried to disguise or alter the sticker! All of this deception for a few bucks.

Yes look at the second post. They sharpied over where it states 3 mags on the case. I posted a pic of it

jimmyz
02-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Maybe you should call them on their radio show and ask them about it on the air.

plumbum
02-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Maybe you should call them on their radio show and ask them about it on the air.

I'm just gonna stick to calling glock tomorrow and let corporate deal with it.
Who knows, enough people calling glock about things like this some kind of action might be taken

Also, at this time this thread has had 3,400 reads.
I'm sure of those people might have some different opinions about them now

JohnS624
02-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Not sticking up for them, but I wonder if the problem with the wrong Sig grips could be a manufacturer problems. With so many types of 238's, maybe the assembler got confused. You'd be surprised at some of the stuff that even reputable makers let get out the door. I got two purple frame Ruger LC9's a few weeks ago that had LC380 barrels and slides with 9mm mags in a box saying LC9.

Glock40Dude
02-17-2014, 12:06 AM
No.

It was a glock 36 and i spoke with glock leo program about what would be included in the box. 3 mags for a gen 4 2 for a gen 3

brotheryang
02-17-2014, 12:42 AM
I'm just gonna stick to calling glock tomorrow and let corporate deal with it.
Who knows, enough people calling glock about things like this some kind of action might be taken

Also, at this time this thread has had 3,400 reads.
I'm sure of those people might have some different opinions about them now
I had never been there before the fun shoot. Myself and a friend had planned on taking some tax return money up there. Not anymore! I won't buy a set of disposable ear plugs from those thieves.

shizzomynizzo
02-17-2014, 01:24 AM
My last visit showed how their customer service has gone downhill since they moved too. My wife and I were waiting to look at the XDS and Shield since she is in the market for a new conceal gun. 2 people standing there ignoring us. Floyd came up and showed us both. Why couldn't the others help???

I may not look like their average buyer, but I have bought 2 guns from them...both 1000+

I asked them to add me to their list for a 9mm shield for my wife. (they have the best local price on that gun). I was probably going to get the accessories for her there too...NOT ANYMORE!

Thanks for the heads up!

plumbum
02-17-2014, 08:31 AM
They were always conveniently close to the House so human nature kicked in....
(Path of least resistance) lol.

Just a heads up center mass in Livonia gives 1 month of free range time with purchases. On a couple guns I looked at they were a tad higher in price but if you factor the range time in its not so bad. Just another option besides top gun. Which is honest just a little bit more of a drive.

jgreen
02-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Well, I've read at least 2 other people that will not go back there, and after reading this thread, I won't be going back. There are too many reputable gun dealers around to take chances with a place like FL has turned out to be.

I will be buying a new carry gun in the next few months also, so that is at least $1.5K that will go somewhere else. All to save $20 for a magazine. :crazy:

nrich1979
02-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Well, I've read at least 2 other people that will not go back there, and after reading this thread, I won't be going back. There are too many reputable gun dealers around to take chances with a place like FL has turned out to be.

I will be buying a new carry gun in the next few months also, so that is at least $1.5K that will go somewhere else. All to save $20 for a magazine. :crazy:

Nice carry gun..

werne1nm
02-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Nice carry gun..

Lol!

Seriously though. I live 5 mins away. Have had ok service

Bought my first ar working with tommy directly and couldn't complain one bit.

But that's my experience. It's one relation amongst many. One opinion.

The mag stealing is not of opinion but of fact.

You shouldn't have to argue your way to get something that you've clearly paid for.

I have had good dealings with fl but am not sure ill return. This is more than a few times their business practices have been questioned.

Just to add in the controversy

I have bought "new" glock mags from them that are out of package. Just a price sticker in them.

Does glock ship bulk mags? W/o packaging???

jgf2784
02-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Lol!

Seriously though. I live 5 mins away. Have had ok service

Bought my first ar working with tommy directly and couldn't complain one bit.

But that's my experience. It's one relation amongst many. One opinion.

The mag stealing is not of opinion but of fact.

You shouldn't have to argue your way to get something that you've clearly paid for.

I have had good dealings with fl but am not sure ill return. This is more than a few times their business practices have been questioned.

Just to add in the controversy

I have bought "new" glock mags from them that are out of package. Just a price sticker in them.

Does glock ship bulk mags? W/o packaging???

Glock does bulk ship mags, so it's not uncommon to see them out of the packaging.

Dabears!
02-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Glock does bulk ship mags, so it's not uncommon to see them out of the packaging.

Correct.

werne1nm
02-17-2014, 10:54 AM
all good to go then.

Astra
02-17-2014, 12:24 PM
I wish this thread would have been made a few weeks ago since I just bought a 1 year range membership since they are so close to my house.

EVERY time I've been there I get attitude from the cashier.

Last week after my range trip there, I swore that I will never spend a penny in that store ever again. The woman working the gun counter flat out ignored me after I asked about seeing a Ruger SP101 when she had a second available. There was no "just a minute", no finger held up, nothing....... NOT ACKNOWLEDGED whatsoever for a minimum of 15 minutes! That is until I walked out of the shop and heard her yell "Sir". I kept right on walking.

I'm a clean cut, well educated, white male with disposable income, which they won't be getting any of. However, I will make sure to get every bit of my moneys worth from the range membership.

polinco
02-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Thanks for this post OP, now I realize I may have been screwed recently also... This is really unfortunate, is saving (stealing) the extra few dollars really worth losing more future business??

Again, Thanks for posting - you are a friend!

Ruger
02-17-2014, 12:29 PM
I wish this thread would have been made a few weeks ago since I just bought a 1 year range membership since they are so close to my house.

I'm a clean cut, well educated, white male with disposable income, which they won't be getting any of. However, I will make sure to get every bit of my moneys worth from the range membership.

Are you dating anyone? :biggrin:

Ruger
02-17-2014, 12:37 PM
I really was hoping that one of the principles of the FL would chime in about this issue.

Your right about the tudes that seem to be endless there. I see no improvement in the future without management change.

Bottom line if you're not happy with the FL don't do business with them but don't go out of your way to drive business away either.

Many have had great results with the crew there and others feel pissed on for being ignored and I get it! The gun business is not like it used to be and its not likely to change back.

I'm hearing good things about Center mass but I used to hear good things about the Firing Line also.

Corpsie
02-17-2014, 12:39 PM
I really was hoping that one of the principles of the FL would chime in about this issue.

Are they registered here?

Astra
02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Are you dating anyone? :biggrin:

:rofl:

plumbum
02-17-2014, 12:54 PM

Your right about the tudes that seem to be endless there. I see no improvement in the future without management change.

Bottom line if you're not happy with the FL don't do business with them but don't go out of your way to drive business away either.

Many have had great results with the crew there and others feel pissed on for being ignored and I get it! The gun business is not like it used to be and its not likely to change back.

I'm hearing good things about Center mass but I used to hear good things about the Firing Line also.

i understand what you are saying about going out of ones way to drive business away etc. if i posted "screw shop a,b.c." everytime someone looked at me wrong, didnt give me the right amount of attention etc. there would be no where to go. ever. lol. i understand the environment and what to expect, but outright stealing is crossing the line. the sharpie mark on the box is the equivalent to stealing a navigation system out of a brand new car and installing a regular radio instead. crossing it out on the window sticker with a marker.

a good amount of effort went in to this to try a defraud a customer. not just, hey lets pull a mag out and see if they notice.....

Ruger
02-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Are they registered here?

I'd be completely surprised if they weren't.

Ruger
02-17-2014, 01:01 PM
i understand what you are saying about going out of ones way to drive business away etc. if i posted "screw shop a,b.c." everytime someone looked at me wrong, didnt give me the right amount of attention etc. there would be no where to go. ever. lol. i understand the environment and what to expect, but outright stealing is crossing the line. the sharpie mark on the box is the equivalent to stealing a navigation system out of a brand new car and installing a regular radio instead. crossing it out on the window sticker with a marker.

a good amount of effort went in to this to try a defraud a customer. not just, hey lets pull a mag out and see if they notice.....

I agree with you! This needs to be made right and without their cooperation it may go nowhere.

plumbum
02-17-2014, 01:49 PM
I agree with you! This needs to be made right and without their cooperation it may go nowhere.

well, i did my part. talked to the powers that be at glock and sent an email as requested to some people at glock. all we (i) can do is inform corporate of whats going on.

Cocowheats
02-17-2014, 02:47 PM
They were always conveniently close to the House so human nature kicked in....
(Path of least resistance) lol.

Just a heads up center mass in Livonia gives 1 month of free range time with purchases. On a couple guns I looked at they were a tad higher in price but if you factor the range time in its not so bad. Just another option besides top gun. Which is honest just a little bit more of a drive.
Just an FYI...
Top gun also does the free range thing but for 90 days last I knew...they also run all CPL holders through NICS too.

plumbum
02-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Yeah I knew about topgun. I just didn't frequent there as much because it was a little farther away. I'm going to start giving them my business from now on

SADAacp
02-17-2014, 03:28 PM

I've always wondered why FFL's feel the need to open every *******' pistol case. If you've seen a Gen3 or Gen4, Glock 22, you've seen them all.

I've purchased, on two separate occasions, an XD and a 1911, from an FFL at his home. Both times the case was still sealed when he called to come and get my pistol. Both times, all contents of the case, as labeled, were there. If an FFL has 10, Gen4 Glock 22's in stock, for example, why open all the cases before they are sold?

Dabears!
02-17-2014, 03:55 PM
I've always wondered why FFL's feel the need to open every *******' pistol case. If you've seen a Gen3 or Gen4, Glock 22, you've seen them all.

because we make sure every gun we check in is unloaded and has everything it needs to have inside the case.

we have had a loaded gun shipped to us once in the past and if we did not open every single gun case that comes in via customer, ups, fedex or whatever then that round would have been in the gun when the customer got it.

so to answer your question, because most gun shop owners understand the rules of gun safety and verify any gun is unloaded before handing it to someone.

plumbum
02-17-2014, 04:07 PM
because we make sure every gun we check in is unloaded and has everything it needs to have inside the case.

we have had a loaded gun shipped to us once in the past and if we did not open every single gun case that comes in via customer, ups, fedex or whatever then that round would have been in the gun when the customer got it.

so to answer your question, because most gun shop owners understand the rules of gun safety and verify any gun is unloaded before handing it to someone.

..... And most shops it's hopefully safe to say aren't going to take things from inside the case that should come with the gun. :)

JohnS624
02-17-2014, 04:27 PM
We also verify that the serial number on the label matches the one on the gun. It doesn't more often than you think. I get at least a few every year. It's easier to rectify it then, instead of noticing it when you're selling the gun.

SADAacp
02-17-2014, 05:09 PM

That is something that can be done at the time of the transfer. I've never had an employee/owner of a gun store hand me a firearm without checking it first. And, how would a customer obtain a loaded gun when most gun shop owners understand the rules of gun safety and verify any gun is unloaded before handing it to someone?

FxMM87
02-17-2014, 05:20 PM
The biggest reason for it is the number of time there has a been a gun with a diffrent serial number than the one on the box. or the time a few years ago I had a S&W 642 that came in and it said 642 on the box and it was a 442 inside the box. factory makes mistake more than you would know

SADAacp
02-17-2014, 06:02 PM
We also verify that the serial number on the label matches the one on the gun. It doesn't more often than you think. I get at least a few every year. It's easier to rectify it then, instead of noticing it when you're selling the gun.

The biggest reason for it is the number of time there has a been a gun with a diffrent serial number than the one on the box. or the time a few years ago I had a S&W 642 that came in and it said 642 on the box and it was a 442 inside the box. factory makes mistake more than you would know

You would think that when it pertains to firearms, especially handguns, there would be zero tolerance of such a thing.

shizzomynizzo
02-17-2014, 06:04 PM

Last week after my range trip there, I swore that I will never spend a penny in that store ever again. The woman working the gun counter flat out ignored me after I asked about seeing a Ruger SP101 when she had a second available. There was no "just a minute", no finger held up, nothing....... NOT ACKNOWLEDGED whatsoever for a minimum of 15 minutes! That is until I walked out of the shop and heard her yell "Sir". I kept right on walking.

This is the experience I spoke of.

My wife and I both work...I have A LOT of dollars to spend on toys and such. We might not look like the typical gun buyer /cpl holder but times have changed.

I have bought more guns in the last year than most people own in a lifetime....to let a potential customer walk out is 5he WORST thing that can be done!

shizzomynizzo
02-17-2014, 06:08 PM

Only have had good experiences with Center Mass...the interactive steel range is really cool. The ammo isnt real cheap but well worth it once or twice. I think they do 20 ffl transfers now too.

I live right down the road from CM and am glad they are here!

JohnS624
02-17-2014, 06:10 PM
You would think that when it pertains to firearms, especially handguns, there would be zero tolerance of such a thing.
You've never made a mistake at work?

plumbum
02-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Only have had good experiences with Center Mass...the interactive steel range is really cool. The ammo isnt real cheap but well worth it once or twice. I think they do 20 ffl transfers now too.

ive only been there once so far. nice people. plus range time is a little cheaper because i qualify for one of the discounts. i didnt shoot the steel range yet because they didnt have any frangible in 9mm that day. the actual normal paper range wasnt the best ive ever seen but not the worst. hopefully like some of the other shops they will do a ton of business and be able to move into a different building/expand as needed.

SADAacp
02-17-2014, 06:32 PM
You've never made a mistake at work?

Was not my meaning.

plumbum
02-17-2014, 06:33 PM

My wife and I both work...I have A LOT of dollars to spend on toys and such. We might not look like the typical gun buyer /cpl holder but times have changed.

I have bought more guns in the last year than most people own in a lifetime....to let a potential customer walk out is 5he WORST thing that can be done!

not to fuel the fire per say but i remember when firearms exchange first came around. not to long after firing line opened up. (back then they were in "boutique" price mode). i vividly remember an employee (not an owner) throwing out racial slurs about the owner of firearms exchange thinking that would make people not want to go there.....wrong! lol. in fact im pretty sure the firearms exchange was responsible at one point for bringing the firing lines prices down because he was so much cheaper.

snakebyte
02-17-2014, 06:38 PM
I walked into center mass a couple weeks ago, walked through the whole store, checked out their stock in the cases, spent a good 5 minutes just browsing the shelves and looking at the range...nobody was there...nobody came out to say anything, don't think they even knew I was there.
lol, unrelated, but figured I would add that since someone mentioned them.

On to Firing Line...I have argued with them a few times, They told me twice that Glock no longer offered the LE discount to anyone but full time officers. No security, reserves or first responders...I told them they were full of ****, and I had already talked to Glock. They stuck to it, and refused to sell them to me. I'm a reserve officer, and I work for a bonded security company (both qualify for the discount)
A couple months ago, they called and said my order was in (G22 blue label) and one of the owners told me that my reserve ID and badge did not qualify me, that I need a letter from my chief saying i'm fully sworn in, etc...
Told him he was wrong, and i've been buying them there for 5 years... Went back a week later and they had signs up saying that it was ok to sell them like they're supposed to...
Horrible customer service, rude, and condescending. If you really want to piss them off, just say how wonderful open carry is...I heard them tell someone they were stupid for doing it, so I carried on with how great it was... It actually got a rise out of him.
I was in there trying to buy a Remington 870, had the cash in my pocket, and after trying to get the lady to help me for 10 minutes while she talked about some other job with someone else behind the counter, I went to Dunhams and got it for $100 less.

Mi_Shooter
02-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Gun shops are like car dealers. They all are close to the same price, the salespeople are asshats, and the only reason to buy from one over the other is customer service. Personally I have no loyalty to any one gun shop. I will go to the place that treats me the best for the gun I'm looking for. I've even paid more for a gun at one place just on principle cause another place pissed me off. Gun dealers need to learn that they aren't gods. They lie just as bad or worse than used car salesman.

partdeux
02-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Gun shops are like car dealers. They all are close to the same price, the salespeople are asshats, and the only reason to buy from one over the other is customer service. Personally I have no loyalty to any one gun shop. I will go to the place that treats me the best for the gun I'm looking for. I've even paid more for a gun at one place just on principle cause another place pissed me off. Gun dealers need to learn that they aren't gods. They lie just as bad or worse than used car salesman.
I will disagree. Magnum Force in Monroe has been absolutely wonderful to deal with, and I've never heard anybody say anything bad about them.

We have a couple of regular participants in the forum that have a very loyal following too.

I went into Firing Line ONCE, vowed to never return again. If you're a badge, you're golden, the rest of you, forget it.

CallmeDave
02-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Anyways the tread is getting cluttered......What did Glock say?

plumbum
02-17-2014, 08:43 PM
I posted that a while back. I talked to one guy and he had me send a detailed email and picture of the events to a few different people. They want documented "proof" complaints. I'm assuming to build a case idk. That's all they said and they would be in contact.

Mi_Shooter
02-17-2014, 09:01 PM
I will disagree. Magnum Force in Monroe has been absolutely wonderful to deal with, and I've never heard anybody say anything bad about them.

We have a couple of regular participants in the forum that have a very loyal following too.

I went into Firing Line ONCE, vowed to never return again. If you're a badge, you're golden, the rest of you, forget it.

I have no dealings with Magnum Force in Monroe. And I do not doubt you they are a great shop. But to me all gun shops are the same. I know what I want and don't like hearing opinions on what I'm buying. I just want to walk in, give them my money and walk out with my new gun/ammo/acc purchase. I don't want to shoot the breeze about the weather, politics, or what gun I should be buying. The salespeople fit the role of waiters at a restaurant. Here's what I want. Here's my money, now bring me my order. I'm not there to make friends. I'm there to conduct business. All the local shops are within $50 +/- a few bucks of eachother. I don't haggle prices because I know what the price should be before I walk in there. If the price is close then I buy it. I'm not gonna lose sleep over paying $50 more than the competitor down the street.

Now I understand some people want to stand there and become great buddies with the gun counter guy. They want to stand there drink coffee with them and share stories. That's great. I have no problem with that. But when I am a paying customer and have cash in my pocket then stop BS'ing and let me buy my stuff. Hell, I don't even care if you are still talking while ringing me up. But don't put me on stand by while you talk whatever BS lie about the woman you thought you banged last night. To each their own though. It's their business and they are entitled to run it as they see fit.

MuzzleBrake
02-18-2014, 12:35 AM

+1 for CM very friendly there!!Wish it was a little bigger or At least a counter in the firing lane to put your stuff on...Other then that i highly recommend them!!

plumbum
02-18-2014, 08:33 AM
+1 for CM very friendly there!!Wish it was a little bigger or At least a counter in the firing lane to put your stuff on...Other then that i highly recommend them!!

Yeah, they are just starting out. A lot of people forget that some of these other shops weren't that big and stocked up either when they were new on the scene.

plumbum
02-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Update: it's been basically 24hrs and I already heard back via email from glock. Nothing to detailed. Just, that it is taken care of.

jgreen
02-18-2014, 03:22 PM
So if the allegations against Firing Line are true, will MGO continue to have them as a site sponsor / advertiser or whatever they are?

Just curious.

plumbum
02-18-2014, 03:50 PM
So if the allegations against Firing Line are true, will MGO continue to have them as a site sponsor / advertiser or whatever they are?

Just curious.

Well hopefully enough people have seen this thread and they can decide for themselves if they want to continue going there or not.
Not just from my experience alone but also some of the posters that have shared their stories about missing items etc.

dUbble aCtion
02-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Crooked cops? Or crooked business practices? Either way, there is no honor amongst thieves.

wsr
02-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Lack of character knows no bounds

Anthony k
02-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Lack of character knows no bounds

True. Hell, FL management could have taken lessons from the former president of mgo! I would gather that mgo Will gladly continue to accept sponsor dollars from FL without ANY hesitation! Robbing n screwing members is what we support!

brotheryang
02-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Like wsr said.......

DP425
02-19-2014, 03:37 AM
At this point there is really nothing left for me to handle with FL. Damage is done. Looks like I will be going elsewhere from now on.

That $25 mag cost them a lot of money in future range time, ammo, guns etc.also some of my friends decided they won't be going there any more either.

A $25 "issue" at a local LE store stopped me from continuing business there... and actively working to ensure no one I know goes either... And it was NOT CMP... I absolutely LOVE CMP!

There is a principle behind it- $25 isn't much, but; honesty and proper business practices are things I expect; failure on either of those points are unacceptable and indicative of character flaws.

DP425
02-19-2014, 03:58 AM

Military program is the same as LE... blue label... and always with three mags except for when subcompact.

jyoung
02-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Military program is the same as LE... blue label... and always with three mags except for when subcompact.

My sub came with 3 mags. Gen 4 26 blue.

Ruger
02-25-2014, 12:56 PM
17+ pages and how many days and still no one from the FL has stepped up and called this thread out?

How do we get them removed from the advertising banner?

jgreen
02-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Well hopefully enough people have seen this thread and they can decide for themselves if they want to continue going there or not.
Not just from my experience alone but also some of the posters that have shared their stories about missing items etc.

Most definitely, and I've already made my choice. I was just curious to see what would happen.

brotheryang
02-25-2014, 01:55 PM
17+ pages and how many days and still no one from the FL has stepped up and called this thread out?

How do we get them removed from the advertising banner?
I agree. Money is one thing, but integrity is another.

nrich1979
02-25-2014, 02:01 PM
why get them removed? I'd say they have enough of a disclaimer in this thread that NO one would mistake a paid advertisement as an endorsement..

MGO should take the money ..

JIMAZMI
02-28-2014, 01:07 PM
I just returned from CMP and GSSF purchase everything went great. Called them yesterday asked about a gen 4 17 told them I would drive by today, was told no problem they had 10 instock, only problem was M59 closed this AM and spent an hour with that, got there and was a great place to do business with. Well, worth the extra drive, I know where my next purchase will be from.

Cocowheats
02-28-2014, 03:02 PM
why get them removed? I'd say they have enough of a disclaimer in this thread that NO one would mistake a paid advertisement as an endorsement..

MGO should take the money ..

Agreed.

Let them waste their money on a site where people don't support them...

cwo4uscgret
02-28-2014, 05:07 PM
I just visited the Firing Line last Saturday to pickup a special order Sig Sauer 716. Last Saturday it when I was there it was pretty busy - despite that someone said to me can I help you - when I said why I was there I was asked to wait a minute and someone would help me…

In between showing almost every AR in stock to some young guy (with who looked like his mother) a clerk helped me, went to the back, brought out my gun, reviewed my 4473, ID, and Credentials (this was an LEO Purchase), took my money, and gave me my gun, with a thank you. They didn't know me from Adam, ordered the gun from Sig for me on my word over the phone, and treated me like a customer - no bending over backwards because of my job.

I was there for about 20 minutes; did not observe any rude counter people (I had read this thread before I went there); and although I'm sure they got tired of the young guy shouldering every AR and sweeping the ceiling (once I physically stopped the muzzle from coming too close to me and the clerk and said, be careful where you're pointing that gun) they were still polite to him.

I guess what I am saying is that my experience at the Firing Line was good - if I have need to buy from them again I would - however I live in Port Huron so an 80 mile one way trip is not normally something I would do on a regular basis.

WRT to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra

I don't know how many guns you've bought in the last year; but in the last 10 years I have spent more then $100K on guns and custom knives - also trading some along the way.

FxMM87
02-28-2014, 05:17 PM
The keyword there is "LEO" purchase

nrich1979
02-28-2014, 06:06 PM

Yep you Leo guys get more favors than Charlie sheen at a strip club..

plumbum
02-28-2014, 06:11 PM

yes, and not to offend him but "didnt know me from adam" doesnt really fly with the whole "blue line" thing.......:roll: :roll:

wsr
02-28-2014, 06:16 PM
I just visited the Firing Line last Saturday to pickup a special order Sig Sauer 716. Last Saturday it when I was there it was pretty busy - despite that someone said to me can I help you - when I said why I was there I was asked to wait a minute and someone would help me…

In between showing almost every AR in stock to some young guy (with who looked like his mother) a clerk helped me, went to the back, brought out my gun, reviewed my 4473, ID, and Credentials (this was an LEO Purchase), took my money, and gave me my gun, with a thank you. They didn't know me from Adam, ordered the gun from Sig for me on my word over the phone, and treated me like a customer - no bending over backwards because of my job.

I was there for about 20 minutes; did not observe any rude counter people (I had read this thread before I went there); and although I'm sure they got tired of the young guy shouldering every AR and sweeping the ceiling (once I physically stopped the muzzle from coming too close to me and the clerk and said, be careful where you're pointing that gun) they were still polite to him.

I guess what I am saying is that my experience at the Firing Line was good - if I have need to buy from them again I would - however I live in Port Huron so an 80 mile one way trip is not normally something I would do on a regular basis.

WRT to this:

I don't know how many guns you've bought in the last year; but in the last 10 years I have spent more then $100K on guns and custom knives - also trading some along the way.

Thats great... doesn't change the fact that they tried to rip off the OP

cwo4uscgret
02-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Thats great... doesn't change the fact that they tried to rip off the OP

but I think that point had been made over and over and over again.

wsr
02-28-2014, 06:56 PM
but I think that point had been made over and over and over again.

as it should

CallmeDave
02-28-2014, 07:40 PM
No word back from Glock or any word from FL?

plumbum
02-28-2014, 09:18 PM
No word back from Glock or any word from FL?

yes, glock got back to me 24hrs after i sent the email with pics. they werent to descriptive but basically said "its taken care of". i did all i could do.

mikeb32
02-28-2014, 09:37 PM
If all is settled and taken care of, why not close the thread to prevent any arguments? Just wondering

plumbum
02-28-2014, 10:01 PM
If all is settled and taken care of, why not close the thread to prevent any arguments? Just wondering

it was never actually "settled" so to speak. glock contacted them allegedly.

bottom line. they tried to steal.

i just wanted as many members here to see this so if they decide to do business there to just be warned they are not trustworthy.

mikeb32
02-28-2014, 10:05 PM
it was never actually "settled" so to speak. glock contacted them allegedly.

bottom line. they tried to steal.

i just wanted as many members here to see this so if they decide to do business there to just be warned they are not trustworthy.

Understood, as a Former Mod, I just didn't want to see this thread head south like so many do!!.....Carry on!

plumbum
02-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Understood, as a Former Mod, I just didn't want to see this thread head south like so many do!!.....Carry on!

thats fine. you can close it. i forgot that even if its closed people can still view it.

mikeb32
02-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I can't close it Sir, Only you as the person who started it can.

plumbum
02-28-2014, 11:18 PM
I can't close it Sir, Only you as the person who started it can.

huh, in all of my "forum years" ive never closed a thread. how do i do that? ask mod?

well, i guess i can close it. anyone that sees this last post all i can say is keep your guard up if you decide to shop there. after reading a lot of these posts in this thread i wasnt the only one to get ripped off (almost in my case).

1-2many
02-28-2014, 11:22 PM
huh, in all of my "forum years" ive never closed a thread. how do i do that? ask mod?

Go to' EDIT', then click on 'THREAD TOOLS' and you can close it.