Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Ruger SR9 Night Sights

Does anyone know of a place to get a full set? I saw a front set of HiVis at Silver Bullet but cant find a rear sight. Anyone got ideas for me? Thanks!

I am a Forum User
    As far as I know, nobody makes them...yet. I've contacted Trijicon about retrofitting my factory sights and they said their recommended specialty shop may be able to help and gave me a web address. http://www.tooltechgunsight.com/

I am a Forum User
    Gotcha. I might have Silver Bullet put the HiViz one in for now and just make do with that until I can find a better solution.

I am a Forum User
    How do you like the SR? Fondled one the week before last, liked the way it felt.

Saw this but would still like your review.
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62072

I am a Forum User
    I love it. Its the best handgun I've ever owned. Oh wait, its the only one Ive ever owned Its no 1911, but it goes bang every time I pull the trigger. For Under $450 bucks, the value you get is pretty hard to beat. I love the fact that the grip is so slender even with a total capacity of 18 rounds. (17 in the mag and 1 in the hole). I like the external safety, even though I rarely use it. Takedown is effortless when I go to clean it too.

I am a Forum User
    I love mine as well. It fits me just right and is still nice and slim for CCW. The grip is a little long for carrying, being a 17+1 gun, but I have a good IWB holster for it which negates the issue. I have about 5000 rounds through mine and can shoot <2" groups with it at 5 yards. The controls also are right were they should be and it almost feels like the gun was made for me, as I don't have to rotate or manipulate the gun at all to operate the slide release, mag release, or safety.

Some people apparently don't like the trigger. I see nothing wrong with it. I've had the experience of both the pre and post-recall triggers, and both were fine. The original trigger seemed to have a longer lighter pull that the post-recall model. I have gotten used to the post-recall trigger and I like how short it is and predictable. It breaks like glass and I know exactly when my gun is going to fire, unlike other traditional double action triggers (yes, I know it's a striker gun, not DA).

Upon dis-assembly with my friend who is a glock owner, I discovered that it is essentially the exact same thing as a glock inside, with the addition of a manual safety. The safety is there because the gun was not originally designed with a glock-like 'safe action' trigger, and some people like to see a manual safety. I personally always leave mine off, and removed the magazine safety, which is a 5 minute job. My friend was actually surprised that Ruger had not yet been sued, assuming Glock's original patents are still valid, because the guns are that similar inside.

Every review I've ever read regarding the SR9 was positive, although some did comment that the trigger had a gritty feel after dry firing. Well, that is because journalists apparently don't take the time to read the warning sheet that come with the gun that says dry firing may damage the gun. Dry firing without a magazine present causes the magazine safety to engage and actually causes wear to the striker block from hitting the magazine safety. Hence why mine is removed.

I guess maybe the most damning evidence is the fact that I'm willing to depend on this gun with my life, as it is my primary CCW firearm and I live in the bad part of town in Flint. IMO, I don't think you can find a better gun for $400 new.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9
    I love mine as well. It fits me just right and is still nice and slim for CCW. The grip is a little long for carrying, being a 17+1 gun, but I have a good IWB holster for it which negates the issue. I have about 5000 rounds through mine and can shoot <2" groups with it at 5 yards. The controls also are right were they should be and it almost feels like the gun was made for me, as I don't have to rotate or manipulate the gun at all to operate the slide release, mag release, or safety.

Some people apparently don't like the trigger. I see nothing wrong with it. I've had the experience of both the pre and post-recall triggers, and both were fine. The original trigger seemed to have a longer lighter pull that the post-recall model. I have gotten used to the post-recall trigger and I like how short it is and predictable. It breaks like glass and I know exactly when my gun is going to fire, unlike other traditional double action triggers (yes, I know it's a striker gun, not DA).

Upon dis-assembly with my friend who is a glock owner, I discovered that it is essentially the exact same thing as a glock inside, with the addition of a manual safety. The safety is there because the gun was not originally designed with a glock-like 'safe action' trigger, and some people like to see a manual safety. I personally always leave mine off, and removed the magazine safety, which is a 5 minute job. My friend was actually surprised that Ruger had not yet been sued, assuming Glock's original patents are still valid, because the guns are that similar inside.

Every review I've ever read regarding the SR9 was positive, although some did comment that the trigger had a gritty feel after dry firing. Well, that is because journalists apparently don't take the time to read the warning sheet that come with the gun that says dry firing may damage the gun. Dry firing without a magazine present causes the magazine safety to engage and actually causes wear to the striker block from hitting the magazine safety. Hence why mine is removed.

I guess maybe the most damning evidence is the fact that I'm willing to depend on this gun with my life, as it is my primary CCW firearm and I live in the bad part of town in Flint. IMO, I don't think you can find a better gun for $400 new.
    Thanks for your replies. I agree the magazine safety is a drag sometimes and I would like to be able to fire the gun with a round in the chamber should I ever have to drop the mag. Can you point me in the right direction on how to go about removing that? Whether you want to take some pics or point me to a website, either would be great. That was one gripe I had about the gun, but like you said, its removable, so I didn't stay too long on that topic. I just am not able to find much info on how to remove it. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by blairellis
    Thanks for your replies. I agree the magazine safety is a drag sometimes and I would like to be able to fire the gun with a round in the chamber should I ever have to drop the mag. Can you point me in the right direction on how to go about removing that? Whether you want to take some pics or point me to a website, either would be great. That was one gripe I had about the gun, but like you said, its removable, so I didn't stay too long on that topic. I just am not able to find much info on how to remove it. Thanks for the help!
    I no longer have mine but this is where I got all of my info regarding troubleshooting:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=52057

I am a Forum User
    Thanks a bunch! I'm gonna bookmark that one

I am a Forum User
    Good Lord that was easy to do. Took all of 60 seconds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast