Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Is tight grouping important?

I realy dont think so. I'd rather have a bad guy leaking out of 12 holes than one big one. What do you think?

MGO Member
    To me tight groups indicate the ability of the shooter to consistently hit their point of aim.

I don't think the BG is going to be still as you shoot. That's way shots aimed at COM are unlikely to show the same groupings as you get on paper.

I am a Forum User

define tight grouping...

If you are going to shoot bullseye target shooting then of course a tight group in the center of the target is preferred; for practical purposes, center of body mass is acceptable.

For me, from a defensive standpoint I would consider from 15 yards in you should be able to hit near center body mass - fairly consistently. From 7 yards in you should be able to shoot a fairly tight group, say fist sized, center body mass and hit the head consistently as well.

Banned
    Yes.

In one word.

If you can't group shots, standing still, aiming at paper, with no external pressure, then you can't shoot a moving target threatening your life.

Just think about it a little bit.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by cwo4uscgret
    If you are going to shoot bullseye target shooting then of course a tight group in the center of the target is preferred; for practical purposes, center of body mass is acceptable.
    agreed

Any that miss are a liability. You are responsible for every round fired. That is why tight groups matter. It's about the ability to place a shot where it needs to go.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yakobvee
    I realy dont think so. I'd rather have a bad guy leaking out of 12 holes than one big one. What do you think?
    That is perhaps the most defective thinking I have ever heard. If you cannot get a tight group while in a controlled environment at the range, what are you going to do in a stressful situation? Spray and pray like the guy from Detroit who was charged with negligent homicide?
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Quote Originally Posted by JCisHe
    Yes.

In one word.

If you can't group shots, standing still, aiming at paper, with no external pressure, then you can't shoot a moving target threatening your life.

Well put.

I am a Forum User
    Is tight grouping important? Yes but i will have to work on that tight groupling no mater what I do I hit one center mass a 2 in the brain pan But I will work harder to tighten up my grouping

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JCisHe
    Yes.

In one word.

a deer at full run 40 yards 44mag in the left ear
    But I will work harder to tighten up my grouping

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast