Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Getting Involved?

This is a true story happened to my family about 16 years or so ago I was only a kid but I remembered it the other day and was wondering what you all thought one should do. Sorry if I don't remember all the details and for the record my dad wasn't armed when any of this happened.

Driving home from fireworks display around 2300-0000. Pulling into a residential neighborhood when you see a male on top of a female in a full mount mma style position holding her wrists. They are screaming at each other and the males friend is half heartedly trying to pull male 1 off of the female. Being as this is before cell phones were as common we pull off to the side of the street and mom goes to have neighbors call 911. When male 1 sees whats going on he begins to yell to my Dad "I'm raping her what are you going to do about it?"

What do you do at this point seeing as how he has told you he has intent to do bodily harm and sexual assault to this female?

I am a Forum User
    Only words out of my mouth would be "maam' do you need assistance?"

The answer would determine my next actions.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by .44Smith&Wesson

+1

I am a Forum User

Yep, that is ALL that is needed before I did anything. It could be two drugged or drunk boyfriend/girlfriends who are enjoying doing this in front of others.
    OR, it could be rape!!!

Also could be undercover trying to hand cuff her. And LEO making a a stupid statement of rape.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak
    Also could be undercover trying to hand cuff her. And LEO making a a stupid statement of rape.
    Could be but highly unlikely the guy he was with was trying to get him off and look scared when we stopped.

So for the sake of argument lets say you ask her if she needs help and she says yes. How do you procede now.

I am a Forum User
    Be a witness, call for help but don't get physically involved.

To many unknowns to jump in at this point.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SMUDGE
    Could be but highly unlikely the guy he was with was trying to get him off and look scared when we stopped.

So for the sake of argument lets say you ask her if she needs help and she says yes. How do you procede now.
    Well if this truly is a rape scenario my first move would be to get the assailants off of and away from the victim. Next would be to make sure that I put myself at a reasonable distance to make sure they can't easily attack me, but also so they cannot easily continue to abuse the woman. Depending on their posturing would decide my next move. I am not going to sit back and watch some scum rape a woman that could just as easily have been someone that I love. I will defend them with force if necessary.

I am a Forum User

Great answer. Domestic type of situations, are tricky at best. But, if she was truly being raped, that's a different situation and i will do my best to stop it.

I am a Forum User
    I would feel bad doing this, but all i would do is call for help. i couldnt risk jail time for somebody else, no matter how much i would like to help. I have a little girl to think about....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast