Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG….Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<
ACTS Main Banner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Classifieds

  1. #1
    I am a Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North and farther north.
    Posts
    20

    Classifieds

    I have some trouble understanding some of the classified ads for firearms. The individuals have guns for sale but do not want to be contacted by phone. There was a couple of weeks ago which I was interested in and sent the seller a note, never got a reply and it was purchased by somebody else. If they have something for sale why not take a call about it. Thanks

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger4me
    I have some trouble understanding some of the classified ads for firearms. The individuals have guns for sale but do not want to be contacted by phone. There was a couple of weeks ago which I was interested in and sent the seller a note, never got a reply and it was purchased by somebody else. If they have something for sale why not take a call about it. Thanks
    Possibly because there are auto-bots out there that scan forums for email addresses and phone numbers. I won't list either in a forum, but have no problem giving it out in a private message.

  3. #3
    Not everyone wants to publish their phone # on a public forum. Contact the seller by whatever means he prefers as stated in the add.

    If the item was sold without his answering your attempts to contact chances are he already had a deal in the works.

  4. #4
    MGO Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    By Oakland International Airport
    Posts
    2,358
    Maybe the fact that you don't particitpate in the forum.

    Maybe your low post count.

    You haven't established trust here.

    You haven't introduced yourself to the forum.
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154

    Stick around, look around and get to know MGO, you might enjoy it. There is more to it than the classifieds.

    Welcome to MGO. We'll look forward to hearing from you!

  5. #5
    I am a Forum User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by RPMO6
    Maybe the fact that you don't particitpate in the forum.

    Maybe your low post count.

    You haven't established trust here.

    You haven't introduced yourself to the forum.
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154

    Stick around, look around and get to know MGO, you might enjoy it. There is more to it than the classifieds.

    Welcome to MGO. We'll look forward to hearing from you!
    welcome!

  6. #6
    MGO Member Forum User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by RPMO6
    Maybe the fact that you don't particitpate in the forum.

    Maybe your low post count.

    You haven't established trust here.

    You haven't introduced yourself to the forum.
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154

    Stick around, look around and get to know MGO, you might enjoy it. There is more to it than the classifieds.

    Welcome to MGO. We'll look forward to hearing from you!

    Looks like he signed up 3+ years ago... Not everyone Post. Some people prefer to just lurk and read rather than interact.
    I'm trading my Glock tonight for an M&P9c ( Hopefully ) with a person with 0 posts... I'll see how it goes.

  7. #7
    MGO Member JDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Battle Creek
    Posts
    7,059
    Quote Originally Posted by _DK_
    Looks like he signed up 3+ years ago... Not everyone Post. Some people prefer to just lurk and read rather than interact.
    I'm trading my Glock tonight for an M&P9c ( Hopefully ) with a person with 0 posts... I'll see how it goes.

    DK, Your a brave somebeach.....Could be a serial killer in all with 0 post

  8. #8
    Account Closed Forum User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    12,537
    Or maybe they're selling stuff that isn't theirs and they need permission to answer , it happened to me .

  9. #9
    Account Closed Forum User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    12,537
    I was just told I need help and to give it a rest because I outed someone and that the post wasn't totally about me , that my internet sucks ,so if I misunderstand or misquote ,its my sucky internets fault,not my demented ,moody self

  10. #10
    MGO Member Forum User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG
    DK, Your a brave somebeach.....Could be a serial killer in all with 0 post
    Could have been... who knows... Trade went smooth, I met him at his office, signed the papers and BS'd for a bit and was on my way. My last trade a 0 post count guy met me at my office and we swapped pistols and did paperwork, BS's a bit and was he was on his way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
only search Michigan Gun Owners Forums
MGO's Facebook MGO's Twitter