I am considering purchasing a handgun soon and have been reading the forums and google searching for a lot of info but had a few CPL questions I was hoping to get more info on.

First off a CPL class gets you a certificate to present to the police department with submission of CPL licence, so the costs would be the class itself, then the filing for permit with police dept, (approx $150ish give or take depending on where you go for classes and another $105 to file for the license) then are their follow up CPL classes you need to do and how long is that CPL license itself good for?

The CPL license renewal is the same cost correct ($105 from what i saw on google) just wasn't sure how long a CPL license is valid or if additional training is required after a certain time to retain the CPL.

Many other questions but I will keep reading searching and will only post the stuff I can't find the answers to...

I am not even sure if I am going to do the full CPL thing, would it be crazy to just do the class for the educational value but not apply for the CPL license? How long after taking the CPL class do you have to file for the CPL license?

Guess I am just not sure how often I would even carry, so trying to figure out all the ins and outs of costs / renewals etc.

Bill