Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabears!
    No I saw it, but it is very seldom to see any animal wearing body armor, let alone hear someone asking is it capable of going through body armor.
    So if you were going to pay a lot of money for a new car and each had relatively identical features except one had the bonus 'heated seats and automatically adjusting mirrors' you wouldn't get the option just to have it even if you plan on not using it? This is my exact point. Get it now? Just cause I have a feature doesn't mean I'm going to use it. Again, I'd highly appreciate it if you wouldn't try and criminalize me for asking a damn question. It's not only completely uncalled for, its also attracting unwanted attemtion because now all of a sudden I'm a bad guy because I don't know jack about assault rifles. I don't need this kind of BS, not here, and especially not from a FM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malignity
    because I don't know jack about assault rifles..

psst... did ya hear me before in my previous posts in this thread? They're not "assault" rifles, stop calling them that.

They're simply "rifles", no adjective needed or necessary.

Capiche?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzcat
    psst... did ya hear me before in my previous posts in this thread? They're not "assault" rifles, stop calling them that.

They're simply "rifles", no adjective needed or necessary.

Capiche?

Can I at LEAST use the term 'evil black rifle'?

Please?

Okay, picture this... I know it's a somewhat unlikely scenario, however in the theme of Red Dawn, etc...

Say the UN decides America should no longer have firearms cause the rest of the world has been stripped of them. They decide they're going to be coming door to door knocking and taking them all, and they obviously know that if you 'fight back', Type IIIA is going to stop the VAST majority of whatever is thrown at them, so they wear it while waltzing through taking our guns. My ONLY qualm here is that if I only have ONE rifle because it's all I can afford, I need it to do everything I want it to do. That means I need it to hunt my bear with, I need it to defend myself against unlikely threat, no matter how unlikely it may be, and I need it to be a long range shooter cause it's the only one I have. I'm not saying that I'm hell bent on the .308 now, cause I'm still highly considering an AK-74, however if on the off chance that I need that .308 and I'm shooting a 5.45x39, I'm going to be kicking myself in the ass because it's not doing what I need it to do.

MGO Member

Please?

Okay, picture this... I know it's a somewhat unlikely scenario, however in the theme of Red Dawn, etc...

Say the UN decides America should no longer have firearms cause the rest of the world has been stripped of them. They decide they're going to be coming door to door knocking and taking them all, and they obviously know that if you 'fight back', Type IIIA is going to stop the VAST majority of whatever is thrown at them, so they wear it while waltzing through taking our guns. My ONLY qualm here is that if I only have ONE rifle because it's all I can afford, I need it to do everything I want it to do. That means I need it to hunt my bear with, I need it to defend myself against unlikely threat, no matter how unlikely it may be, and I need it to be a long range shooter cause it's the only one I have. I'm not saying that I'm hell bent on the .308 now, cause I'm still highly considering an AK-74, however if on the off chance that I need that .308 and I'm shooting a 5.45x39, I'm going to be kicking myself in the ass because it's not doing what I need it to do.
    A reasonable scenario, 5.45 x 39 surplus is steel cored and i would not feel under armed with one. Penetrate 308 AP vests, probably not, maybe. You may drop them with pain, but you'll be able to take care of them some how, (Appendage shots, side shots, head shots, shoulder etc, but an AK-74 ($400), 6 mags ($70 shipped), 2 tins of ammo 2160rds is $260 shipped. Any option gets expensive quick.

Banned

Please?

No. Knock it off. I mean it.

I'm not saying that I'm hell bent on the .308 now,

Well, you should be hell-bent if you can swing the bux, because there's a couple FAL's for sale on the board here that look pretty damn nice. Go for it!

I am a Forum User
    I know. I'm kicking myself for not having the cash atm. Almost considered selling or trading my tricked out Mossberg for one. :P

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by walldj45
    A reasonable scenario, 5.45 x 39 surplus is steel cored and i would not feel under armed with one. Penetrate 308 AP vests, probably not, maybe. You may drop them with pain, but you'll be able to take care of them some how, (Appendage shots, side shots, head shots, shoulder etc, but an AK-74 ($400), 6 mags ($70 shipped), 2 tins of ammo 2160rds is $260 shipped. Any option gets expensive quick.
    Btw, if 5.45x39 is really this cheap, I might have to get me an AK-74. That's cheaper than .40S&W.

Just not sure about the chromed lined barrels and such. Seems the one recommended earlier didn't have one. How much of a necessity is it? Again, not a rifle guy, so I'm not sure the difference.

Banned
    Just not sure about the chromed lined barrels and such. Seems the one recommended earlier didn't have one. How much of a necessity is it? .
    If you live underground in the jungle, leave your gun in the rain and muck, and shoot a few hundred rounds a day, seven days a week, then it's necessary.

Otherwise, not so much.

Just keep your non-chromed barrel clean and lightly oiled and you'll be fine.

I am a Forum User
    Gotcha. I do have a tendency to not clean my guns as much as I should, especially after shooting. (Hell, my EDC is a Glock, it never needs cleaning. ) I imagine I can't let this one slide though, cause I imagine if it's cheap ammo, it's going to do wonders to the inside of my barrel. :P

MGO Member
    While the ammo is cheap that doesn't effect its quality. It is good ammo, but it is corrosively primed and you will have to read up on that. With a 74 package you are looking at a good $800 for a decent start.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast