Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Just be sure to leave any Ohio State gear you own south of the border!!

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophe
    Just be sure to leave any Ohio State gear you own south of the border!!

What fun is that? I plan on buying Buckeye helmet antenna toppers for ALL my neighbors!!! Recently saw a flag down in Columbus that had OSU over Michigan, on the same flag. Bellow this was written, "A House Divided."

Perfect when considering that my finacee is from Michigan!

A couple of other notes to take-if you come across the border into MI you cannot bring your handgun unless it is the day you actually move here,you can't legally bring it even if it's locked in your trunk if you come to look at houses prior to moving.You may bring it the day you move and you then have 30 days to get it registered,and there is no need to bring the handgun to the police station in order to register it,you can actually just write down your serial number and fill in the pistol purchase permit right there and hand it back to them and be done.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjatoth
    A couple of other notes to take-if you come across the border into MI you cannot bring your handgun unless it is the day you actually move here,you can't legally bring it even if it's locked in your trunk if you come to look at houses prior to moving.You may bring it the day you move and you then have 30 days to get it registered,and there is no need to bring the handgun to the police station in order to register it,you can actually just write down your serial number and fill in the pistol purchase permit right there and hand it back to them and be done.
    If he has a Concealed carry permit from Ohio he is good to go until he moves here.

I am a Forum User
    I still don't agree with the way Michigan does registrations, they want MI residents to register their handguns but then charge you to do so making you buy a purchase permit which are now $10 each at the Genesee County Sherriff's office. This is why alot of people don't even bother to register their firearms! I agree with having to buy a purchase permit when buying a new/used firearm but if you already own it and just need to register it I don't feel we should be charged a fee to do so. When I lived in Indiana we didn't have to register any firearms and that's how it should be.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbody
    If he has a Concealed carry permit from Ohio he is good to go until he moves here.
    Does OH have any kind of pistol licensing (not necessarily for concealed carry)? It does not need to be a concealed carry license. It can be the equivalent of a MI license to purchase (the LTP, aka "PP"), if there is one, or another document that shows he is allowed to possess them. The requirement is:
    (a) The individual is licensed in his or her state of residence to purchase, carry, or transport a pistol.
    (b) The individual is in possession of the license described in subdivision (a).
    (c) The individual is the owner of the pistol he or she possesses, carries, or transports.
    MCL 28.422(8 )
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet2005
    I still don't agree with the way Michigan does registrations, they want MI residents to register their handguns but then charge you to do so making you buy a purchase permit which are now $10 each at the Genesee County Sherriff's office. This is why alot of people don't even bother to register their firearms! I agree with having to buy a purchase permit when buying a new/used firearm but if you already own it and just need to register it I don't feel we should be charged a fee to do so. When I lived in Indiana we didn't have to register any firearms and that's how it should be.
    I just pick up the form from the police station and then took it to my bank where I can get it notarized for free. Didn't cost me anything.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu
    Does OH have any kind of pistol licensing (not necessarily for concealed carry)? It does not need to be a concealed carry license. It can be the equivalent of a MI license to purchase (the LTP, aka "PP"), if there is one, or another document that shows he is allowed to possess them. The requirement is:MCL 28.422(8 )
    There is no regestration at all for firearms in Ohio.

I wonder if a sales receipt would work? It has my full name, adress, and even my DL # right on the reciept.

It proves not only that I am the owner, but that since I am the owner I can legally transport it in Ohio...

Any thoughts?

At this rate I may be ahead to move to California!

Daughter is moving from PA to MI with a pistol. She has a PA LTCF (license to carry firearm) which allows automobile and concealed carry--reciprocity with MI's CPL.

Is the information in this thread current? Does she just apply for a CPL when she applies for a MI driver's license and does she also need to complete a LTP for the pistol?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12