Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RUGER LC9

I am a Forum User

RUGER LC9

Who wants it?

Is it worth the hype?

Who predicted it?

I am a Forum User
    I'll give it a year, as I'd rather not be a beta tester. Looks like the LC9 might hold some promise otherwise.

MGO Member Forum User
    I'm interested. I've had great luck with my SR9c, but I agree about waiting to get one after the kinks are worked out. I would rather not be in the initial possible recall batch... I will wait to see whaat my brother-in-law thinks. He and I have similar taste in guns and he will check it out at the Shot Show. Pricing seems decent so far. See what it ends up at after they are out in circulation. Keep in mind that Sig is also coming out with a similar gun this year as well, P290, I think.

I am a Forum User
    When I got the email the other day the first thought that crossed my mind was a LCP in 9mm. If it would have been the same size as the LCP with the same fixed LCP sights It would be in my collection but due to it being 1" taller and 1" longer with raised sights I won't be buying one! Is it me or does Ruger always introduce a hit with a few misses?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet2005
    When I got the email the other day the first thought that crossed my mind was a LCP in 9mm. If it would have been the same size as the LCP with the same fixed LCP sights It would be in my collection but due to it being 1" taller and 1" longer with raised sights I won't be buying one! Is it me or does Ruger always introduce a hit with a few misses?
    I agree that if it were the same size as the LCP I would be interested, but the Kahr pm9 is smaller then this, so I would have any use for it.

And yes the last few guns Ruger released have been recalled.

I am a Forum User
    They've done ok ripping off keltec in the past, let's see if they can prolong the magic.

I am a Forum User
    I just feel that Ruger could have made a LCP sized 9mm and dominated the rest of the market for pocket guns, alot of people don't like the LCP because it's a .380 so if they made one in 9mm I think it would have bridged the gap. The LC9 may still bridge the gap but it's not the same if the gun is larger than the lcp, it just competes with KelTecs PF-9.
    Last edited by silverbullet2005; 01-03-2011 at 05:33 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet2005
    I just feel that Ruger could have made a LCP sized 9mm and dominated the rest of the market for pocket guns, alot of people don't like the LCP because it's a .380 so if they made one in 9mm I think it would have bridged the gap. The LC9 may still bridge the gap but it's not the same if the gun is larger than the lcp, it just competes with KelTecs P9AT.
    That was my thought exactly. I've been itching to get my wide an LCP but just haven't been able to get over the thought of arming her with .380. I was also hoping for a small 9mm...this LC9, with its large frame, fits into a cattegory with a lot of other firearms available.

I wouldn't call it a must have.

I would like to see what they've done with it in 6 months.

Banned

scoping a K98

Can anyone tell me the best way of scoping a K98 Mauser with a over the receiver scope mounting, not a scout type. Actually it is a Yugo M98 mauser, just a K98 refurbed by the Yugos. Not an expensive rifle.

I am a Forum User
    I'm no recoil wimp but firing the .380 out of those little guns is bad enough. I wouldn't want to fire a 9mm out of an LCP size/weight gun and I'm willing to bet most people who're wishing for one would feel the same way after a few shots.

Bronson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast