Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

how do you remove a remington 870 rifled barrel front sight

i got fiber optic sights im looking to swap out with the factory sight on my Remington 870 . it has a rifled barrel with dovetail sights. got the rear sight in with no problems , but i don't know how to remove the front sight. i don't wanna screw anything up. so anyone know how to do it correctly or seen a video on it.thanks

I am a Forum User
    With no sight pusher you simply use a punch and drift the sight out from left to right. Start with light taps till you see it moving.

Install from right to left and it may help to put a drop of sight adhesive on the base before you drift the new sight on. Use some denatured alcohol to clean the excess off the edges is any squeezes out as you drift the sight back in.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan street
    i got fiber optic sights im looking to swap out with the factory sight on my Remington 870 . it has a rifled barrel with dovetail sights. got the rear sight in with no problems , but i don't know how to remove the front sight. i don't wanna screw anything up. so anyone know how to do it correctly or seen a video on it.thanks
    Sorry to bring up an older topic but I was curious which site you went with as I have an 870 with rifled barrel & the front site appears to be a two piece. The bottom piece seems to be glued and the top piece appears to be dovetailed to the bottom piece?

I need a fiber optic front site that is dovetailed.

Thanks!