Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Account Closed Forum User
    I have 464 rounds without issue thru my LCP ,mostly FMJ ,but 50 or so JHP's with stock springs and no issues

Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE
    Ruger will polish it for free ,just call them ,complain ,and they'll send a pre-paid shipper out . Should you have to complain ? No . It took me 5 minutes to polish the ramp and chamber ,less time than I would have spent on the phone .
    If Ruger feels polishing a feed ramp will increase reliability, then there is no excuse for them not doing it in the first place. Same applies to all the other gun manufactures. They should strive for 100% reliability, and if they're aware of something that could help, and they're not doing it, it's inexcusable! We pay good money, and bet our lives on their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC
    If Ruger feels polishing a feed ramp will increase reliability, then there is no excuse for them not doing it in the first place. Same applies to all the other gun manufactures. They should strive for 100% reliability, and if they're aware of something that could help, and they're not doing it, it's inexcusable! We pay good money, and bet our lives on their guns.
    I guess if the machine left nasty *ecker tracks ,it has to be polished to function . QC should catch it , but it seems the unwary customer has to act as a QC Technican for Ruger these days

Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE
    I guess if the machine left nasty *ecker tracks ,it has to be polished to function . QC should catch it , but it seems the unwary customer has to act as a QC Technican for Ruger these days
    Unfortunately it's not just Ruger. Smith & Wesson, and SIG have had significant quality control issues. It's pathetic when you spend $700+ for a firearm and have to spend another couple hundred getting it to function reliably!

The S&W branded Walther's also

I have no idea anymore how many rounds I have through my LCP but it has never displayed one once of bad behavior. Your pistol is not right if you are not limp wristing it to the extreme. Like others have said; don't waste your time and $$ with aftermarket springs, polishing, etc. Call Ruger CS:
    Customer Service - Prescott, AZ
    Service inquires for PC4/PC9 Carbines and all Pistols
    excluding the 22 Charger Pistol.
    Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
    Customer Service Department

200 Ruger Road
    Prescott, AZ 86301
    Telephone: 928-541-8892 / Fax: 928-778-6633
    (Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm MST)

BTW, I tried the Beretta .25acp route once and decided that the LCP was better, more reliable protection and more comfortable to carry.

I am a Forum User
    Love my LCP...

Carried it while running errands today and barely knew it was there.

I am a Forum User
    There is no question that the LCP would be my top pick.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCutting
    Just because I live in Ferndale does not mean I limp wrist my LCP or anything else!

Is Ferndale the new saugatuck?

I am a Forum User
    My LCP had serious FTL issues. I could not get through a magazine without a jam. I called Ruger and they emailed me a shipping label through UPS. I shipped it back and had it back in under 20 days. They replaced the slide and the spring. I have not gotten to shoot it since then, but they ran 50 rounds through it at the factory with 0 issues. Their customer service was top notch. It sucked to have a factory lemon, but they bent over backwards to make it right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast