Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

View Poll Results: Where are you at in the process?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiting on Mfg to dealer transfer

18 27.27%
  • waiting on CLEO sign off

6 9.09%
  • waiting on from 4 approval

36 54.55%
  • I have mine already

7 10.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Where are you in the process?

Trying to gauge how long it takes to get our suppressors.

Dont worry your names won't show.

I am a Forum User
    I figure 6-8 months from the time I said "place the order" till the time it is screwed on the barrel.

I am a Forum User
    Some timelines are shown on www.NFAtracker.com

HH

I am a Forum User

form 4 Process

The Monday ofter the AG's Announcement my buddy and I called and ordered two OutbackII's from Sheridian Arms in Saginaw.

They Took our Credit Cards, about two weeks later we both received Receipts for the cans.You have to buy the supressors first so they can get the serial numbers off them to fill in Fill in Form 4

October 27,2011 I received the Form 4 , partially filled out, a fingerprint card for the NFA, a request for a check for $200 made out to BAFT&E, and a request for 2 passport quality photo's.

Today 10-28-11,Went to CVS, got Photo's($10.00), Went to Livingston County Sheriff got Fingerprints($15.00) and Chief Law Enforcement Officer(CLEO)'s signature. All was completed and dropped off at the Howell post office sent First Class before 11:00am, so it should have gone out today.

My buddy has not received the Forms yet, this may be do to recent change of address.
    I have wasted no time in getting this turned around, it just happened to be my day off today and I had time to get it all done.
    Now it is a wait and see, Sheridian says expect April 2012 before the Government gets this turned around.

Will Advise

You forgot a choice...........Have not even started.

Quote Originally Posted by donald150
    You forgot a choice...........Have not even started.
    Sorry

I am a Forum User
    The day after the AG opinion came out, I got online and ordered the Osprey from a dealer in Ohio. It was the last one available as others in Michigan were doing the same thing. Transferred it to a NFA dealer here in Michigan. Sent in the paperwork on October 7th. The check was cashed on October 12th and current status is "pending" as of October 21st.

Christina Farris will be handling the NFA paperwork for Michigan per this letter from the ATF. Her average turn-around time is 137 days per NFATracker.com which is the slowest of the ten examiners.

If the stars align and the paperwork passes muster, it looks like Valentines Day or so before the tax stamp arrives.

The photo was taken at my dealer.... yes it shoots very nice and the CTC laser clears the side of the can.

HH

Last edited by HoldHard; 10-31-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansjeep2000
    Trying to gauge how long it takes to get our suppressors.

Dont worry your names won't show.
    Why would you think that anyone would have to worry about their names being revealed while purchasing a legal product?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldHard
    The day after the AG opinion came out, I got online and ordered the Osprey from a dealer in Ohio. It was the last one available as others in Michigan were doing the same thing. Transferred it to a NFA dealer here in Michigan. Sent in the paperwork on October 7th. The check was cashed on October 12th and current status is "pending" as of October 21st.

Christina Farris will be handling the NFA paperwork for Michigan per this letter from the ATF. Her average turn-around time is 137 days per NFATracker.com which is the slowest of the ten examiners.

If the stars align and the paperwork passes muster, it looks like Valentines Day or so before the tax stamp arrives.

The photo was taken at my dealer.... yes it shoots very nice and the CTC laser clears the side of the can.

HH

Looks good, HoldHard. Glad you got that barrel fitted and were able to play with it. I guess the Zombie Shoot was called due to rain??

I am a Forum User
    Well I’m defiantly interested in a silencer but how do you get the ball rolling? I would love to start applying for a license.
    If I’m not a the right area for my post please lead me to the right section thank you!!!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast