Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    My turd of a rep voted "nay". I have written two snail mail letters and three emails over the past few months to this guy and received exactly ZERO response.
    When elections come up I am going to make it my personal mission support his opposition in any/every way possible.

I am a Forum User
    HB 5225 of 2011
    Weapons; firearms; certain procedures for purchase and possession of pistols; revise. Amends secs. 2, 5a & 5d of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.422 et seq.) & adds sec. 12c.
    Last Action: 6/14/2012 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by spartywrx
    bump

The pistol registration bills passed the House! We need your help to get the bill out of the Senate. The bills are now in the Senate Judiciary Committee. Here is the new form to send an email to the clerk of the Judiciary Committee in support of this bill. I'll also be sending out an email to everyone who sent one in to update them on this bill.

Here's the link

http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/Co5e23UTgh7
    FYI you might want to tweak your form. I just received an e-mail from the committee clerk stating that my full name and full address had to be in the e-mail in order for it to be presented to the committee.

Quote Originally Posted by spartywrx
    bump

The pistol registration bills passed the House! We need your help to get the bill out of the Senate. The bills are now in the Senate Judiciary Committee. Here is the new form to send an email to the clerk of the Judiciary Committee in support of this bill. I'll also be sending out an email to everyone who sent one in to update them on this bill.

Here's the link

http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/Co5e23UTgh7
    Yep...I got an e-mail back too:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding House Bills 5225, 5498, and 5499. In an effort to honor your request to include your email as part of the official committee record, it is necessary for you to provide your full name and home address. If you would still like your email added to the committee record, kindly respond to this email with the requested information and I will see that it is put into the record.

Sincerely,

Lauren Michalak
    Committee Clerk
    Senate Majority Committee Clerks
    (517) 373-5323
    lmichalak@senate.michigan.gov
    It looks like all that they want is to respond to the message and give full name and address. Of course this gives them verification (sort of) that you are a Michigan resident.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    I got the same response.

I am a Forum User
    I receive the same email and I also sent several emails to my representative voicing my displeasure in him. And I will make it my job to vote against him.

I am a Forum User
    Update 6/15/12 3:30pm

Some people have been getting their emails kicked back from the senate clerk. She REQUIRES an address so that you can prove you're not a spam bot and you live in Michigan. She's been emailing people who didn't provide a home address. Sorry about that. Your home address is set for deletion in the program after it is sent out when you use the form. The only info I use is your email to send you an update (for when its on the full Senate floor, and then one to get Snyder to sign it). All other info is deleted.

I am a Forum User
    Well, I made up some simple fliers today to grab folks attention with info on the bills and how to contact their Senator and the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    Firearm's Exchange and Double Action allowed me to place them in their stores for customers to see. Firing Line and Center Mass said that the fliers needed to be approved first.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik
    Well, I made up some simple fliers today to grab folks attention with info on the bills and how to contact their Senator and the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    Firearm's Exchange and Double Action allowed me to place them in their stores for customers to see. Firing Line and Center Mass said that the fliers needed to be approved first.
    Thank you. You get a secret "gun lobby" decoder ring and a 6 pack for your efforts!

I am a Forum User
    Heck, if I get all that for what little I did, what did you get for that letter generator!?

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast