Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Someone has to have the new language for HB5225, the NRA web page link is a link to the author's "My Documents", just a screw up.

This bill is now tie-bared with HB 5498 and HB 5499. These two bills seem to be eliminating all references and penalties to 28.422 (purchase permits). One could conclude that the entire registration scheme is being eliminated, but we don't have anything to read yet.

I really don't like when they do "substitute" bills, and everyone jumps in saying "support this", and we don't even know what it says.

I have tried to do a search for the new language, but my google-** is failing me today.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    The only HB5225 published is this one:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2011-HB-5225

I am a Forum User
    The only copies of a bill that are ever published on the leguslature website are the copies that are introduced and the copies that are passed out of committee.

The NRA has fixed its' link to the substitute language:

http://www.nraila.org/media/6033552/...e_language.pdf

It looks to me like they are going to try to repeal 28.422, 28.423, and strip a lot language from other places.

As well as give 6 months to all of the departments that have been keeping records to destroy those records. And require reporting of the completion of the task within 30 days from the end of the 6 month period.

It may have an effect on the "pistol free school zones", but more than just a quick read will be needed

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    I plan on attending the May 17 committee meeting.

Any word on time or location? I checked the judiciary website and its not scheduled yet.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer
    It may have an effect on the "pistol free school zones", but more than just a quick read will be needed
    I'm discussing that here. I hope others will contribute to that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by spartywrx
    I plan on attending the May 17 committee meeting.

Any word on time or location? I checked the judiciary website and its not scheduled yet.

I spoke with representative Walsh's office. The agenda won't be posted until one week prior to the meeting. Until then it is tentatively scheduled for the 17th.

If the House's judiciary committee is anything like the Senate's, we're sunk. I would be interested to know what you find out.

I'm confused regarding the gun school free zones and the effect of Michigan's pistol registration. I've heard we are exempt from the act when we have a registered handgun in our possession. It sounds like we may lose this. What is the situation in other States without registration? Are thousands of gun owners committing Federal crimes every day?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302
    I'm confused regarding the gun school free zones and the effect of Michigan's pistol registration. I've heard we are exempt from the act when we have a registered handgun in our possession. It sounds like we may lose this. What is the situation in other States without registration? Are thousands of gun owners committing Federal crimes every day?
    Check out this discussion for more on that:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...84#post1614084

I am a Forum User
    If a LTP works as a “license” for the school zone, could that be a separate issue from gun registration? or are the two required to be linked?

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast