Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I've noticed a lot more pro gun legislation being passed now than has in the past. I couldn't quote the source but I believe a news media said that the rise in concealed pistol licenses, shall-issue states, easily concealable pistols etc. is due to a fear for safety growing from the fact that police protection has been less than adequate. I could name off at least one legal decision which would seem to enforce that idea. I'm not saying this is the case, but is it possible that MSP is trying to take a stance against obsolescence?

So then, when they talk about these "400 guns" or what not, of which there would be other more viable ways to track, is really just that. A stance against obsolescence, and it rhymes.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ1989
    I've noticed a lot more pro gun legislation being passed now than has in the past. I couldn't quote the source but I believe a news media said that the rise in concealed pistol licenses, shall-issue states, easily concealable pistols etc. is due to a fear for safety growing from the fact that police protection has been less than adequate. I could name off at least one legal decision which would seem to enforce that idea. I'm not saying this is the case, but is it possible that MSP is trying to take a stance against obsolescence?

So then, when they talk about these "400 guns" or what not, of which there would be other more viable ways to track, is really just that. A stance against obsolescence, and it rhymes.
    There is also a noticeable difference in who controls the steering wheel of the legislature and governorship. Gun bills that used to never get brought up for a vote (which is controlled by the majority party) now get brought up for a vote.

Elections matter. You are seeing the results of November 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by spartywrx
    There is also a noticeable difference in who controls the steering wheel of the legislature and governorship. Gun bills that used to never get brought up for a vote (which is controlled by the majority party) now get brought up for a vote.

Not necessarily. Granholm signed a lot of pro gun legislation with the help of both sides of the aisle. George Bush, by contrast, increased gun control with the help of a republican congress. He then asked them to get the AWB to his desk and promised to sign it! A big "thanks" goes to pro-gunners from both sides for dodging THAT bullet!

We now have all three branches of government controlled by the gop in Michigan. If they were truly pro 2A these laws would have been a "done deal".

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by spartywrx
    Yes...PFZ repeal is going so far. Oh thank you, great Republican Legislature Overlords, we bow at your feet.

/sarc

I am a Forum User
    Spoke to my rep today over the phone, he told me he doesn't see any reason he won't support HB5225, unless some sort of negative amendments get added.

If you want to see registration repealed PLEASE CONTACT YOUR STATE REP NOW!

We have some "gun rights" groups in MI that are not helping with these bills, this so this effort really has to be from the individuals, and we can make the difference. We may not have a shot at this passing after the Nov elections, so please do what you can to help while we have a chance.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ
    Yes...PFZ repeal is going so far. Oh thank you, great Republican Legislature Overlords, we bow at your feet.

/sarc
    Repeal registration first. Our rights were taken away piece by piece.

You have to ask what will the GOP and blue dog democrats gain for voting for a repeal of PFZs? Non stop negative coverage in every newspaper in Michigan. No one knows about this registration repeal. They are not being hounded by the press about it. Now is the time to act. Never forget how the Hughes Amendment was passed.

I am a Forum User
    Bill will be voted on next week. Please contact your legislators today to ask them to support this bill.

Find your rep here http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/

Here's a easy and quick copy and paste

"Please support HB 5498, HB 5499, and HB 5225 when they are voted upon in the full House. These bills are much needed legislation to update Michigan's gun laws to comply with federal law. They eliminate a costly system that is duplicative of federal law that Michigan is required to follow anyways. Please vote YES on these bills."
    Last edited by spartywrx; 06-06-2012 at 06:39 PM.

MGO Member
    Hitler loved registration!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc
    Hitler loved registration!!
    misnomer.

I am a Forum User
    Click here to find your legislator and send a unique message (vote yes on HB 5498, HB 5499, HB 5225)
    http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/

Or if you're lazy:

BUMP for new emailer system

Click the link to send a message of support to your specific representative to repeal pistol registration! The emailer will send a message to your representative in the House.

snip. new email system created

The House votes next week so share this will everyone you know!
    Last edited by spartywrx; 06-13-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast