Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

SB 0057, 0058 eliminate no carry zones

SB 0057 of 2011
    Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; crime of carrying a concealed weapon in a prohibited place; delete from guidelines due to repeal of section. Amends sec. 11b, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.11b). TIE BAR WITH: SB 0058'11
    Last Action: 1/25/2011 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

SB 0058 of 2011
    Weapons; concealed; list of specified premises on which a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon may not carry that weapon; eliminate. Amends sec. 5c of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425c) & repeals sec. 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425o).
    Last Action: 1/25/2011 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

MGO Member Forum User
    Sent emails to my legislators already as I heard this on radio news this morning. My Senator is a cosponsor (Casperson ).

I am a Forum User
    Is there a petition for this one?

I am a Forum User
    Recieved a reply from my senator.

Dear Mr. J:

Thank you for your communication with Senator Anderson regarding gun control. Senator Anderson appreciates your comments on this important issue.

The Senator is a gun owner and a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. If a person is a law-abiding and mentally sound citizen they should have the rights to defend themselves and their home against individuals seeking to do them harm. However, the Senator feels that the bill that would repeal gun free zones goes too far and creates a dangerous situation for citizens and children. The Senator has talked to numerous law enforcement officials that agree that this bill will create a greatly increased safety risk in those areas where guns would be allowed. Should this legislation come before the Senate in its current form, the Senator will be voting against it.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with Senator Anderson on this issue. Please don't hesitate to contact his office in the future with questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Scott Hendrickson
    Legislative Aide
    Office of Senator Glenn S. Anderson
    Michigan State Senate
    6th District

Quote Originally Posted by james_joshua
    Recieved a reply from my senator.
    ok. atleast he is honest in his feelings. I would rather have a hardline opinion than a waffling opinion like most goverment folk.

Problem is, it is more dangerous in places where no one is armed. as we all know.

MGO Member Forum User

response

I received this supportive response from my Rep Ed McBroom:

...Gary: Thanks for your letter. This issue has received a lot of attention around the State. I am supportive of this legislation and look forward to supporting this legislation when it reaches the floor of the House. Sincerely, Ed

As mentioned, my Sen is a cosponsor.

Regarding the above response from Sen Hendrickson, at least he has the balls to tell you what he believes. I've had numerous letters from Levin, stabenow and others that don't agree with my stated opinion. They avoid stating their opinion and are so slippery you cannot tell what they believe in (probably nothing).

I can't post links yet! Forum User

no carry zones

Any more news/ progress on these bills?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by defender
    Any more news/ progress on these bills?
    Nothing as yet..... If you click on the bill number in the original post it will take you to the bill and you can see the latest there.

I am a Forum User
    They want to change this part by deleting [Subject to section 5o and except]

But this part needs deleting also. [as otherwise provided by law,]

I am a Forum User
    Contact the writer of the bill with your suggestions. You can also testify before the committee when it comes up for consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Teacher
    They want to change this part by deleting [Subject to section 5o and except]

But this part needs deleting also. [as otherwise provided by law,]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast