Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Springfield Champion GI grip safety

As I lay here recovering from the first round of lithotripsy to pulverize one of three kidney stones all over 1.5cm I got to wondering. I recently acquired a Champion. Previous owner installed a combat style trigger and hammer, then took something to the grip safety. It now not only looks horrible but has a few sharp edges. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get a replacement from Springfield? I speculate that the reshaping was done to allow for hammer clearance. Should I get a drop in beaver tail? Any help is appreciated. Please excuse the rambling the vicodin is kicking in.

I am a Forum User
    depends...

if the hack job fitting, isnt too bad, why not just use what there, and reshape it?

if it function checks and is good to go... that might be a viable route.. less hassle and such....

but I have to ask.... why would you buy it if it was that bad?

I am a Forum User
    Bought it for a project gun. Its not horrible. Mostly cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by DavetheEditor
    As I lay here recovering from the first round of lithotripsy to pulverize one of three kidney stones all over 1.5cm I got to wondering. I recently acquired a Champion. Previous owner installed a combat style trigger and hammer, then took something to the grip safety. It now not only looks horrible but has a few sharp edges. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get a replacement from Springfield? I speculate that the reshaping was done to allow for hammer clearance. Should I get a drop in beaver tail? Any help is appreciated. Please excuse the rambling the vicodin is kicking in.
    If your planing on replace parts and upgrade or just fixing the Piss pore job the org. owner did..?

Pm me i have all info you need to Fix it. and If you want to replace the Beavertail on the springer, i have the Jig..
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    Bought it for a project gun. Its not horrible. Mostly cosmetic.

check out XD's post...

why not "modify" it to your tastes then, with what you have?

reblending a beavertail, or shaping it, isnt a HUGE deal, especially after it is
    already fit to your weapon and functions... Then you can play a while....
    and if you booger it up... no harm no foul... and if you DONT mess it up....
    you have a nicely worked shooting iron, that you have personal equity in!!

rebluing the parts , ( or duracoat or whatever) when your done is pretty
    painless...

why not try that?? sounds like your laid up anyway!!! lol

I am a Forum User
    **** dude sorry to hear bout the kidney stones man, get them out soon bud!