Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    I never heard about this "battle" before either and would like to learn more.

If this were to happen today, I fear the good guys in this case would have been killed by State or other authorities without question
    and anyone left alive would have been sent to prison for life as a domestic terrorist.

Society today simply can not wrap it's head around bearing arms against authority, no matter how corrupt or illegal that authority may be.

Us old guys learned about this in school. It was also a made for tv movie. I know of another government organization who should see it...soon.

Wiki:

In the media

The 1992 made-for-television movie An American Story (produced by the Hallmark Hall of Fame) was based upon the McMinn County War but set in a Texas town in 1945. It was nominated for two 1993 prime time Emmy Awards and one American Society of Cinematographers award.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

I am a Forum User
    Merged.

Quote Originally Posted by TomE
    There is a movie out about it?
    20 years old. Called An American Story on the Hallmark channel.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

I am a Forum User
    Cool. Nice to know this happened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12