There is not a wide selection of left handed rifles let alone chambered in twenty-two magnum . I wanted a rifle with the performance of the rimfire magnum and ddin't much care what the rifle was as long as it was accurate and reliable .

I bought the Savage and fitted it with a Leupold compact rimfire 2-7 power variable . I had about six different types of ammo to try and after sighting it in I started sorting out the ammo types I wouldn't buy again .

I found that the forty grain bullets hit higher on the target than the newer lighter , higher velocity , more expensive , etc..... Though a couple of the new hot stuff rounds are accurate , I'll have to decide which I'm going to sight this in with . It would be nice if they all hit the same spot though .

The accu-trigger works as advertised but trust me , I have felt much better triggers than that . I've fired about four hundred rounds through it now and the groups seem to be stable . One gripe about groups is the first shot from a clean barrel won't hit close to the rest of the shots . I suppose I can just leave the barrel fouled for the season I'll be using it .

As nice as the rifle is Savage fell on their nose with it in one respect . It wants a very specific pressure by the action screws holding things in place . That isn't so bad except for the pitiful bedding Savage gave this rifle . Pull the stock off one of these rifles and you will see what I mean . they could have set up their stock profile machine to provide it with something stable but unstead they cut out wood they shouldn't have . I was able to pillar bed it with a couple of nylon bushings but I shouldn't have had to do that .

Metal and wood finish is good I like the blue on the meatl and they did a good job with the finish of the beech stock . The rifle is light and handy and the bolt is getting smoother than what is started at . The magazine doesn't release as easy from the rifle as it should and it won't lock into place with the bolt closed but when it's in place it does work .

Good rifle other than those few gripes , I would have rather spent the money for a rifle I didn't have to work on . Maybe I shoulda spent the money on a Browning T-bolt huh??

Jack