Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    OCI's would help and should be mandatory. (open chamber indicator)

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Well, the club has updated their range safety procedures. A flag must be in the chamber at all times when not at the shooting stage.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster
    Well, the club has updated their range safety procedures. A flag must be in the chamber at all times when not at the shooting stage.
    butterfly effect shyster if you had been there he would have missed his leg.

anyone know how he's doing?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Perfectly fine he was back shooting two weeks later. Kicked my ass too.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster
    If you have never seen this done just use bright orange weed wacker line.

Universal caliber fit, flexible enough to go in the smallest .22 autos. You can wrap a 1" loop at one end and secure with a small zip tie if you want to be fancy, plus it keeps the breech end from falling thru bore.

Oh - and there is a reason the RO commands I use are

Slides back
    Magazines out
    Cylinders Open
    Guns on the Bench
    Flags [OCIs] in
    Step back from the line

and I DO look in every chamber and magwell . . . . not gonna happen on my watch. Really helps the RO having Hi-Vis flags in every chamber; speeds up the 'safe' check too.

Please be safe !!

MGO Member
    Punch a hole in a milk jug cap and 'tie' that onto one end of the L shaped weed wacker. The milk jug cap makes the weed wacker 'wire' much easier to see when checking the line to see if they are in place.

I am a Forum User
    a colored zip tie looped through itsself also works well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc
    Punch a hole in a milk jug cap and 'tie' that onto one end of the L shaped weed wacker. The milk jug cap makes the weed wacker 'wire' much easier to see when checking the line to see if they are in place.
    We have done a similar thing with fishing line and wiffle golf balls.

It sounds like he was carrying all that stuff, including his pistol, in a big pile like taking a load of laundry out of the dryer. Not a great idea. Many years ago I learned the hard way never to hold a gun and ANYTHING ELSE in the same hand. Luckily that was also with a .22 (a target pistol with a match trigger, naturally).

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979
    I often here how the "unloaded guns" are the ones that are involved in the accidental shootings..
    I am going to have to borrow that one!! I would also have to add that it seems like the carrying of so many things was a big part of the problem. I know that ranges can be extremely safety oriented, have the slide foward, either on a flag safety or even just closed, empty would have helped avoid the issue. Glad to hear that he was ok.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast