Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG….Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<
MDFI

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rifle Barrel Shortening

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWND3r
    That includes their brake. However it's still out of my price range for a surplus rifle as a project gun just to have something to do lol.
    Ahhh... That changes it. Not unreasonable at all for the package.

And I was just kidding about the hacksaw and dremel... they have a much better reputation than that!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tlagnhoj
    Ahhh... That changes it. Not unreasonable at all for the package.

And I was just kidding about the hacksaw and dremel... they have a much better reputation than that!
    No I know that. My uncle knows the owners son or something like that plus they've been around forever. Just wish they could thread it for less than that, so I could afford a cheap break online or something lol. Thanks for the info though guys should be going there tomorrow.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWND3r
    No I know that. My uncle knows the owners son or something like that plus they've been around forever. Just wish they could thread it for less than that, so I could afford a cheap break online or something lol. Thanks for the info though guys should be going there tomorrow.
    IF you need a break you don't want a cheap one. I have started flame wars with this statement but I will say it again because it is NOT opinion it is FACT. A muzzle break can not make a gun shoot better it can only make a gun shoot worse! The BEST you can hope for is that it will have no noticeable effect on grouping. That is the difference between the good breaks (with a good install) and the garbage.

What they do very well (if designed and installed properly) is reduce felt recoil which MAY allow the SHOOTER (not the firearm) to shoot better!

I did my 91/30 with a electric jig saw, squared it with a file and square, then I used a 1/4 brass screw from home depot( you get 2 screws for a little over a dollar) with lapping compound in a electric drill to get rid of the burr and put a bit of a crown. It was redneck but it works fine

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryansoleary
    I did my 91/30 with a electric jig saw, squared it with a file and square, then I used a 1/4 brass screw from home depot( you get 2 screws for a little over a dollar) with lapping compound in a electric drill to get rid of the burr and put a bit of a crown. It was redneck but it works fine
    LMAO!! Very nice... I don't argue that it can be done the way you have done it. However, it will not produce consistent results, nor would the results be acceptable to some of us.

But I do applaud your ingenuity. Some day I fear that many people will have to resort to such means of working over a damaged rifle... I hope I am wrong about that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234