Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

H.B. 5737 intentional discharge of firearm from vehicle

HB 5737 of 2012
    Crimes; weapons; penalties for intentionally discharging a firearm from vehicle; increase under certain circumstances. Amends secs. 234a & 234b of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.234a & 750.234b).
    Last Action: 6/14/2012 printed bill filed 06/14/2012

Maybe they should try to enforce the laws we already have. Why should it be especially illegal to shoot someone from a car or snowmobile? The gang bangers are already ignoring every other law in regards to murder.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless
    Maybe they should try to enforce the laws we already have. Why should it be especially illegal to shoot someone from a car or snowmobile? The gang bangers are already ignoring every other law in regards to murder.
    This is the current trend at the federal level so they're merely copying it at the state level. Making things "doubly illegal" will somehow magically make criminals get their act together and straighten up. Didn't you know this?

(/sarcasm)

I guess they won't be filming "Top Shot" in Michigan any time soon.

It seems also that having a shooting range in the basement of your home would be illegal as well.

I am a Forum User
    It seems like this could affect CPL holders as well. If you are being car jacked or attacked in your car that would make using your firearm to defend yourself under this law a felony.

Disregard I read farther down

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless
    You make perfect sense. Unfortunately, the statistics of multiple charges make things more negotiable in plea agreements.

MGO Member Forum User
    Sometimes the lack of common sense in our legislative bodies is unbelievable! As posted earlier the "bad guys" already ignore the current laws why do they think this will change things?

Wow....

I am a Forum User
    Am I wrong or is it not already a crime to shoot at someone without good cause (whether or not you are in a vehicle). Why do we need this law?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ
    Am I wrong or is it not already a crime to shoot at someone without good cause (whether or not you are in a vehicle). Why do we need this law?
    With all the recent drive by shootings, This is just a "feel good story" type of law. Its just a way to make people feel more secure. Even though if this passes Nothing at all will change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast