Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8r
    Correct, however there aren't enough of them to control the vote.
    What gains have gun owners made on the national level thanks to the GOP?

Lawful Commerce in Arms Act...?

Allowing the AWB to not be reintroduced...?

Or am I not exactly on the same page with these?

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS
    What gains have gun owners made on the national level thanks to the GOP?
    ...with a Republican controlled State legislature and a Republican Governor we haven't any meaningful 2A legislation since their election...so sad.

MGO Member
    What a great thread for fear-mongering. If I owned a gun shop, I'd probably start one of these everyday.

Sorry dudes, but my mind is made up. It's Obama all the way. The way I look at it, not only does Romney says whatever it takes to get elected (king of the flip flop) combined with the simple fact that he wants to keep us tied up in overseas conflicts, makes the choice clear. It's just the icing on the cake that Romney has also supported more anti-gun regulation than Obama.

Now if you really wanted to fear-monger me, you could probably fear-monger me best with why I should fear the fear-mongers.
    Marvin Hunter

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    --George Washington

I am a Forum User
    Steve , rev, dubble, Marvin all good comments , I have to concur.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Hunter
    What a great thread for fear-mongering. If I owned a gun shop, I'd probably start one of these everyday.

Sorry dudes, but my mind is made up. It's Obama all the way. The way I look at it, not only does Romney says whatever it takes to get elected (king of the flip flop) combined with the simple fact that he wants to keep us tied up in overseas conflicts, makes the choice clear. It's just the icing on the cake that Romney has also supported more anti-gun regulation than Obama.

Now if you really wanted to fear-monger me, you could probably fear-monger me best with why I should fear the fear-mongers.
    Has anyone ever asked you if you were a LIV?:hurl:

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulettis
    Op-ed's are just that an editor's opinion.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/nra-targets-obama/

There's an independently verified article.

Yes he is not a gun lover like us, yes he has voted on some things to infringe on some aspects, but 85% of what you listed is false, period.

Clinton's bulls$%t laws were back in a time where there was a heavier percentage of liberal dem's in the house and senate, even if Obama wins there won't be a flood of democrats in the house and senate meaning an AWB would be unlikely to pass (think of all the job bills that republicans have blocked).

And don't forget Romney has said time and time again he'd support an AWB, oh wait he even made one himself.

Before the blinded pop in and say I'm an idiot or my head is in the sand take some time to look at the facts, try to find sources that don't have a political agenda (sadly the NRA does).
    I read several of these posts esp #3 MR Magoo. I thought and YES 40% of posters here will vote for OBAMA nad in MI STABENOW!! She has never seen a gun she dont like..

Then I get down a couple more to Hulettis and he certainly is in the 40%..
    Looks like Marvin will join him and I quit reading so there probably are more just on this thread.

Free country-vote as you wish--hopefully only once. Just dont bellyache in the coming months/years. The recent and next Supreme Court appointments will be hearing/making laws that will affect our great-great grandchildren and beyond.
    Last edited by langenc; 10-17-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Come and get them.

I am a Forum User
    "I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. This was a narrow exception in an exceptional circumstance where a retired police officer might find himself vulnerable as a consequence of the work he has previously done--and had been trained extensively in the proper use of firearms." - Barack Obama

"We have the right in this country to bear arms. I know that there are some people in this country that think that should change and they keep looking for laws for a way to stop awful things from happening. And there are awful things that happen. But there are already laws that are designed to protect people. And, unfortunately, the people violate the laws.” - Mitt Romney

Just a couple quotes that make me lean toward Romney, even though I feel that neither candidate is suited to be President.

When the democrats had both houses they didn't try for gun control because even then they knew they didn't have the votes. They remember the huge loses they took after passing the first AWB. The biggest threat this election is the Supreme Court Justices Obama would appoint.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast