Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    SB 1350 of 2012
    Natural resources; hunting; gray wolf; include in game list and authorize hunting season. Amends secs. 40103, 40118, 43503 & 43507 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.40103 et seq.) & adds secs. 40110b & 43528b.
    Last Action: 12/4/2012 referred to second reading

MGO Member
    All you Trolls would be crying the blues if you had wolves in your back yard stalking your wife's little precious pet cat or dog at 9:00 in the morning when it goes out to crap. Your wife would be all for killing all the wolves if she got woke up at 2:00 AM by the screaming death moans of a deer being eating alive 50 feet from your bedroom window by 5 wolves. But you live under the bridge and you want to tell us in the U.P. what to do or not do with the wolves from Lansing.

I see wolf sign and wolves almost daily around my house. They are not afraid of being seen during day light hours. Or a 12 ga. cracker shell shot at them, at 11:00 AM supplied to me by the MDNR to chase the wolves away.

Hunting and trapping will get rid of the dumb ones, putting the fear of humans in the survivors. Controlled hunting and trapping has never eliminated a species.

I am a Forum User
    Having raised Wolfs for twenty two years (before it became illegal in the state) I can say that wolfs are smart, smart enough to be "self aware"

Ranchers and other types of businesses that have property to protect is another matter for a latter discussion.

As for "recreational" wolf hunting, I think it stinks, I't my opinion the only reason an alleged hunter would kill a wolf for sport is related to Frauds theory on the male preoccupation with size.
    That somehow shooting a wolf will increase the level of "manhood".

I was taught we shoot what we eat and we eat what we shoot.

There is no reason to kill for the sake of killing.

I know I've offended a few folks, and I'm sorry, I won't argue, I won't defend what I've said, I said it the way I meant it and it stands.

I won't subscribe to the thread and probably won't look at again, I've said my piece and have no interest in an forum urination contest.
    Armchair arguing and "pssing" contests don't interest me.

I am a Forum User
    Wolf Bill Up For Final Vote!
    Dear MUCC Members,

The Wolf Bill is scheduled for a final vote today in the Michigan House of Representatives.

Contact your Rep today and tell them that you support science based management for wolves that the people asked for through Proposal G in 1996. Respectfully ask your representative to vote "YES" on SB 1350 when it comes up for a vote on the House floor.

We're almost there. And you can help make history by contacting your State Representative!

Find Your Representative Here!

Thank you,

The MUCC Policy Team

I am a Forum User
    SB 1350 of 2012
    Natural resources; hunting; gray wolf; include in game list and authorize hunting season. Amends secs. 40103, 40118, 43503 & 43507 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.40103 et seq.) & adds secs. 40110b & 43528b.
    Last Action: 12/12/2012 returned to Senate

I am a Forum User
    SB 1350 of 2012
    Last Action: 12/14/2012 ORDERED ENROLLED

I am a Forum User

Wolves

Detroit Hills??
    Just askin! They already have packs of hyenas!

I am a Forum User
    What does the proposal entail? From what I've heard, wolf population in Michigan is critically endangered. Not an animal I'd want to hunt to extinction.

I live on the northern shores of Lake Superior in Baraga County. The wolf is not endangered in the U.P. If it is managed as a game animal it will be here for generations to come. Any animal that is managed the way the wolf has been managed, that is by politics, and at the expense of other species, will not endure. There are parts of the U.P. that deer have been wiped out due to the wolf packs. I hunt some of these areas and have since 1962. One thing I,m sick of is people who have no first hand knowledge including some biologist (not all) tell me wolf have no meaningfull impact on other big game animals.

The truth is, wolf will be managed by wildlife managers using sound principles or they will be mangaed locally. The former will ensure their future, the latter will ensure their doom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123