Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

A Bitter Fight Over Concealed Weapons Could Reach The Nation's Highest Court

A Bitter Fight Over Concealed Weapons Could Reach The Nation's Highest Court

Dan Babwin
    Associated Press
    December 12th, 2012

"CHICAGO (AP) — A federal court ruling tossing out Illinois' ban on concealed weapons might end the last such gun prohibition in the country, but not without an expected fight.

The question is whether the battle will be an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, which has been silent on the issue of concealed weapons, or a legislative confrontation over the court's order that Illinois adopt a law allowing concealed carry with "reasonable limitations" like other states have."

SCOTUS Bound?

I am a Forum User
    It's about time.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jackg
    It's about time.
    One more justice to retire, and the liberal will own the 2nd amendment.

I am a Forum User
    Which is why it's good to get it through now while the court is still split.

I am of the opinion , this is not good. people look at the second amendment wrong. once an issue gets to SCOTUS, its going to stay there and will end up out of the states hands. If they decide no one should carry, it will be a sweep across the land and kiss states own carry laws so long. Too many people look at the 2nd amendment as a "common clause right" and it is not. In reality it is a restriction on the Federal gov. only "shall make no law". may be i am the only one around, but i did not like to see SCOTUS vote at all on the 2nd just because of this type of issue now. Now they will be asked to look at right to carry..WTH? It could end up played as a trump card over all the states carry laws. If one listened you could hear the snickers of the left when SCOTUS voted on the 2nd. Even though vote was positive they now have a road in over each states laws. The more things the high court stays away from, the better off we are. All they can really say within there branch about the second amendment is "yep, congress can pass no gun laws over the land. Each state has its own right to do as it wants." that is original intent. Even all these hi cap bans and crap we have had in the past are unconstitutional, but then that document means less and less in DC. People look toward Washington for problem solving, when they are the problem. This is how we ended up with Roe VS Wade being a sweep over the land. It took away every states right to say its outlawed . I am getting so anti Federal gov., they are the curse of the land we live in. its a multi headed hydra monster, that cant be killed. unless it starved too death,( cut the money off) that is the only way out. my 2 cents

I am a Forum User
    its the 1% who really hate guns the ones that live in a bubble society and never deal with real world situations except on the news and sit and say oh my i didnt know it was that bad. Well it is and us that live closer to the problems love our weapons and in Michigan its the criminals that are ending up in that white chalk. Its always when something hits that upper society the first thing is ban ban ban. Wake up your not in Kansas anymore its hard and dangerous out here so until the government decides to fix the homeless,jobless and mental state of this country and return the USA to great place it can be. Leave us law abiding God fearing family loving gun toting citizens the hell alone and let us have the ability to protect ourselves

Testum Pontus Veratis

Quote Originally Posted by twentyways
    its the 1% who really hate guns the ones that live in a bubble society and never deal with real world situations except on the news and sit and say oh my i didnt know it was that bad. Well it is and us that live closer to the problems love our weapons and in Michigan its the criminals that are ending up in that white chalk. Its always when something hits that upper society the first thing is ban ban ban. Wake up your not in Kansas anymore its hard and dangerous out here so until the government decides to fix the homeless,jobless and mental state of this country and return the USA to great place it can be. Leave us law abiding God fearing family loving gun toting citizens the hell alone and let us have the ability to protect ourselves

Testum Pontus Veratis
    good post, i just have to disagree with your second to last sentence here. Government can not fix a thing. they never have and never will. Gov. is the problem. They are the reason for most of the problems listed. They cant fix it, they need to get out of the way. The private sector and churches need to take on these issues. They will do a much better job and for a lot less waist of funds. Learn to channel anger toward federal government, it is freedoms worst enemy. I can not think of one program they run that was meant to fix a problem, that has not made it worse.