Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

no need for purchase permit

Ok first I hope this is in the right place.

So I was at gander mountain on black Friday and upon buying a pistol the gentelman behind the counter said that purchase permits would no longer be needed after the first of the year, is this true?

And could someone point me in the direction of where and when it passed, a news article, or something?

I am a Forum User
    I'm an FFL, and nothing has been sent out to us saying that.

Maybe...There is a bill in Lansing right now that would eliminate the purchase permit and registration system, but it has not passed into law yet and if Randy Richardville doesn't get off his @$$ it will die and you will still need to get one to purchase a pistol if you don't have a CPL.

I am a Forum User
    There is a bill in the Michigan Legislature but it does not look to be going anywhere soon.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGameCollector
    Ok first I hope this is in the right place.

So I was at gander mountain on black Friday and upon buying a pistol the gentelman behind the counter said that purchase permits would no longer be needed after the first of the year, is this true?

And could someone point me in the direction of where and when it passed, a news article, or something?
    This is true, but only pertains to "Michigan Pistols", which are shotguns and rifles as defined by federal law. See 750.222 Amended below:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ybo...931-XXXVII.pdf

Currently pistol defined as:

(e) “Pistol” means a loaded or unloaded firearm that is 30 inches or less in length, or a loaded or unloaded firearm that by its construction and appearance conceals itself as a firearm.
    Beginning 1/1/2013, pistol defined as:

(e) "Pistol" means a loaded or unloaded firearm that is 26 inches or less in length, or a loaded or unloaded firearm that by its construction and appearance conceals itself as a firearm.

I am a Forum User
    That's why you don't listen to the mouth-breathers behind the counter at Gander Mntn.

Bronson

I am a Forum User
    Well here's what we can do..

Lets all go to GM on Jan 1st and buy up all the guns we can with no paper work or documentation..

That way we can replace what was lost in that ice fishing accident..

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson
    That's why you don't listen to the mouth-breathers behind the counter at Gander Mntn.

Bronson

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp
    This is true, but only pertains to "Michigan Pistols", which are shotguns and rifles as defined by federal law. See 750.222 Amended below:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ybo...931-XXXVII.pdf

Currently pistol defined as:

Beginning 1/1/2013, pistol defined as:
    Not true.

HB 5225.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(h5i...e=2011-HB-5225

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967
    That is held up in the Senate, and has NOT passed yet. Even if we can get it to the Governor this year, it will not take effect by the first of the year.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast