Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am a Forum User

SB 0049 exempt from freedom of information act certain firearm licensing info

SB 0049 of 2013
    Weapons; licensing; certain firearm licensing information; exempt from freedom of information act.
    Last Action: 1/16/2013 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

I am a Forum User
    this needs to pass

I am a Forum User
    Woo Hoo..... Pass this!!!

I thought we already had this???

MCL 28.425(b)(1)(a)
    "Information received under this subdivision is confidential, is not subject to disclosure under the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246, and shall not be disclosed to any person except for purposes of this act or for law enforcement purposes."
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by G22

MCL 28.425(b)(1)(a)
    "Information received under this subdivision is confidential, is not subject to disclosure under the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246, and shall not be disclosed to any person except for purposes of this act or for law enforcement purposes."
    That only applies to the information that is collected under the subdivision of law for the background check and issue of a CPL.

This new piece of legislation adds the FOIA exemption to the pistol registration database.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User

MCL 28.425(b)(1)(a)
    That Lawful Protection is for CPL Holders only for Personal Information provided pursuant to obtaining a CPL.

This bill is to protect Personal Information obtained through the Pistol Registration Processes and within the Pistol Registration Database.

Thanks!

I'm on board for that
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User

MCL 28.425(b)(1)(a)
    I called the Kent County Clerk's office after the fiasco in New York, and was told that the law doesn't allow the disclosure of any firearms owner information other than statistical data under FOIA, except to law enforcement.

I am a Forum User
    SB 0049 of 2013
    Weapons; licensing; certain firearm licensing information; exempt from freedom of information act. Amends secs. 2 & 2a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.422 & 28.422a).
    Last Action: 1/24/2013 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear
    SB 0049 of 2013
    Weapons; licensing; certain firearm licensing information; exempt from freedom of information act.
    Last Action: 1/16/2013 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY
    Tallbear,

The NEED to amend this bill. The last line of the bill refers to a gun dealer as a Type 01 FFL holder. This would undo the fix SB 60 is trying to accomplish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast