Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit
    Not needed.

SB0049 of 2013 does not list that text as BOLD or STRIKETHROUGH, which means that the text is merely being listed as referenced and existing law.

SB0060 is meant to change that specific text and is not affected by SB0049.
    Still learning the nuances of Michigan bill proposals. It's different here. As long as it doesn't affect SB 60 as you mention, it's good. Sorry for any confusion.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981
    Still learning the nuances of Michigan bill proposals. It's different here. As long as it doesn't affect SB 60 as you mention, it's good. Sorry for any confusion.
    No problem!

If you look at both SB 0049 and SB 0060, each bill references the text of MCL 28.422a but changes it specifically for the Bills in question by either BOLD Text (Additions to the Law) or Strike-through Text (Removal/Repeal from the Law).

I am a Forum User
    NOTICE OF SCHEDULED MEETING
    **PLEASE NOTE DATE AND TIME**

COMMITTEE: Judiciary

DATE: Wednesday, January 23, 2013

TIME: 8:30 AM

PLACE: Room 110, Farnum Building, 125 W. Allegan Street, Lansing, MI 48933

PHONE: Lauren Michalak (373-5323)
    Committee Clerk

AGENDA

Organizational Meeting

SB 43 Sen. Jones Courts; judges; certain district court judgeships; increase, and reduce number of circuit court judgeships.

SB 49 Sen. Casperson Weapons; licensing; certain firearm licensing information; exempt from freedom of information act.

SB 60 Sen. Green Weapons; licensing; definition of federally licensed firearms dealer; modify.

SB 63 Sen. Pavlov Weapons; firearms; Michigan firearms freedom act; create.

SB 44 Sen. Jones Criminal procedure; sex offender registration; placement on the public registry; remove certain exceptions.

Just amend this bill to end pistol registration. That would end the threat of personal information about guns being available through FOIA.

I am a Forum User

SB 0049 of 2013
    Weapons; licensing; certain firearm licensing information; exempt from freedom of information act. Amends secs. 2 & 2a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.422 & 28.422a).
    Last Action: 1/22/2013 Analysis File Added

I like what else is listed there:
    1/24/2013 Expected in SJ 4 COMMITTEE RECOMMENDED IMMEDIATE EFFECT
    1/24/2013 Expected in SJ 4 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
    1/24/2013 Expected in SJ 4 REPORTED FAVORABLY WITHOUT AMENDMENT
    It now goes to the Senate Floor. I hope they don't start messing with it. Just pass it and get it over to the House.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Going to the House, but it sounds like Snyder may veto it...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer
    I like what else is listed there:

It now goes to the Senate Floor. I hope they don't start messing with it. Just pass it and get it over to the House.
    I wish they would change some things about the bill due to possible gray areas but other than that lets get it passed.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7
    I wish they would change some things about the bill due to possible gray areas but other than that lets get it passed.
    Just curious, what do you see as a gray area?

All I see is a protection from FOIA, and a general statement that information will not be released. And, the ONLY exception is for law enforcement investigations.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User

Weapons; licensing; certain firearm licensing information; exempt from freedom of information act. Amends secs. 2 & 2a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.422 & 28.422a).
    Last Action: 1/24/2013 REPORTED FAVORABLY WITHOUT AMENDMENT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast