Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

SB 0060 definition of FFL dealer

SB 0060 of 2013
    Weapons; licensing; definition of federally licensed firearms dealer; modify.
    Last Action: 1/16/2013 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

We kind of spotted that screw up too. That language has always been there, and we didn't notice it until HB 5225 passed.

Question:
    Can't a paper entity also be an FFL? Or, do they include corporations in the term "person"?

(7) As used in this section, "federally licensed firearms dealer" means an individual who holds a type 01 dealer license a person licensed to sell firearms under 18 USC 923.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    NOTICE OF SCHEDULED MEETING
    **PLEASE NOTE DATE AND TIME**

COMMITTEE: Judiciary

DATE: Wednesday, January 23, 2013

TIME: 8:30 AM

PLACE: Room 110, Farnum Building, 125 W. Allegan Street, Lansing, MI 48933

PHONE: Lauren Michalak (373-5323)
    Committee Clerk

AGENDA

Organizational Meeting

SB 43 Sen. Jones Courts; judges; certain district court judgeships; increase, and reduce number of circuit court judgeships.

SB 49 Sen. Casperson Weapons; licensing; certain firearm licensing information; exempt from freedom of information act.

SB 60 Sen. Green Weapons; licensing; definition of federally licensed firearms dealer; modify.

SB 63 Sen. Pavlov Weapons; firearms; Michigan firearms freedom act; create.

SB 44 Sen. Jones Criminal procedure; sex offender registration; placement on the public registry; remove certain exceptions.

I am a Forum User

SB 0060 of 2013
    Weapons; licensing; definition of federally licensed firearms dealer; modify. Amends sec. 2a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.422a).
    Last Action: 1/22/2013 Analysis File Added

Okay.....

We will have to wait and see what the "S-2" version looks like. Hopefully, the they haven't done any more than clean-up the "Person" language to include ALL FFls that sell to the public.

We should know tomorrow or Friday.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    SB 0060 of 2013
    Weapons; licensing; definition of federally licensed firearms dealer; modify. Amends sec. 2a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.422a).
    Last Action: 1/24/2013 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE WITH SUBSTITUTE S-2

Wow...this one is really moving. It passed the Senate already. What I find sad is that 5 people in the senate are so anti-gun they voted no on this thing.

We now have the S-2 language, looks pretty good. They cleaned up the some confusion, and made the change retroactive back to when 5225 was passed.
    12 --(A) BEFORE DECEMBER 18, 2012, "federally licensed firearms
    13 dealer" means an individual who holds a type 01 dealer license
    14 under 18 USC 923.
    15 --(B) BEGINNING DECEMBER 18, 2012, "FEDERALLY LICENSED FIREARMS
    16 DEALER" MEANS A PERSON LICENSED TO SELL FIREARMS UNDER 18 USC 923.
    17 --(C) "PERSON" MEANS AN INDIVIDUAL, PARTNERSHIP, CORPORATION,
    18 ASSOCIATION, OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY.
    19 --Enacting section 1. This amendatory act is retroactive and is
    20 effective December 18, 2012.
    And by what else is listed:
    1/24/2013 Expected in SJ 4 SUBSTITUTE S-2 CONCURRED IN
    1/24/2013 Expected in SJ 4 PLACED ON ORDER OF THIRD READING WITH SUBSTITUTE S-2
    1/24/2013 Expected in SJ 4 RULES SUSPENDED
    1/24/2013 Expected in SJ 4 PLACED ON IMMEDIATE PASSAGE
    1/24/2013 Expected in SJ 4 PASSED ROLL CALL # 2 YEAS 31 NAYS 5 EXCUSED 1 NOT VOTING 0
    1/24/2013 Expected in HJ 5 received on 01/24/2013
    1/24/2013 Expected in HJ 5 read a first time
    1/24/2013 Expected in HJ 5 referred to Committee on Natural Resources
    It passed the Senate 31 - 5, and has been read in the House. It now goes to committee.

I am a Forum User
    House Standing Committee Meeting

Natural Resources, Rep. Andrea LaFontaine, Chair

DATE: Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TIME: 12:00 PM

PLACE: Room 307, House Office Building, Lansing, MI

AGENDA:
    HB 4132 (Rep. Pettalia) Natural resources; soil and erosion; membership on a conservation district board; allow temporary appointments to fill vacancies under certain circumstances.

SB 60 (Sen. Green) Weapons; licensing; definition of federally licensed firearms dealer; modify.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear
    House Standing Committee Meeting

Natural Resources, Rep. Andrea LaFontaine, Chair

DATE: Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TIME: 12:00 PM

PLACE: Room 307, House Office Building, Lansing, MI

AGENDA:
    HB 4132 (Rep. Pettalia) Natural resources; soil and erosion; membership on a conservation district board; allow temporary appointments to fill vacancies under certain circumstances.

SB 60 (Sen. Green) Weapons; licensing; definition of federally licensed firearms dealer; modify.

I plan to be there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast