Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger49931
    You know i always feel safer when i go to pick up my children from school and end up getting called inside for a second, Taking my loaded legally carried pistol and having to leave it on the seat of my car ( sarcasm here) while i go inside to talk to a teacher for just a minute. That's a much better idea than just letting me keep it in its holster ad going inside for the 3 minutes i would be in there.

Revert to open carry- you obviously have a CPL...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RDak
    How are you for freedom of choice yet at the same time you are for an administrator forbidding someone to exercise that free choice of their 2A rights?

Or are you only for freedom of choice when it comes to people in power? If your answer is "yes" then there is no need for a 2A.
    Evidently, I wasn't clear.

1. It appeared to me the bill as stated gives school administrators ability to decide if they want their schools to be firearm-free. I didn't weigh in on an opinion about that statement; I just stated what I thought the bill stated.

2. If administrators say no firearms, then I understood this bill to mean it would allow teachers the legal basis to carry in school regardless of any adminstrator position. I believe ANY teacher who wants to protect their classroom from Evildoers should have the ability to do by whatever means necessary - and I wouldn't limit that to just revolvers or pistols either; a loaded SbyS double barrel 12ga shotgun pointed at an Evildoer is a real Peacemaker.

3. BUT, if there will be teachers who wouldn't want to have a firearm on them, and I wouldn't want a law enacted which forces them to carry if it goes against their conscience.

I am a Forum User

Double negative?

It's early, maybe Im not reading this right, The addition to this bill is such;

AN INDIVIDUAL LICENSED UNDER THIS ACT TO CARRY A CONCEALED PISTOL MAY CARRY A CONCEALED PISTOL IN A SCHOOL OR ON SCHOOL PROPERTY IF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OR SCHOOL BOARD OF THE SCHOOL HAS AUTHORIZED THE CARRYING OF CONCEALED PISTOLS IN THAT SCHOOL OR ON THAT SCHOOL PROPERTY BY INDIVIDUALS OR EMPLOYEES LICENSED UNDER THIS ACT, AS DETERMINED BY THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OR SCHOOL BOARD OF THE SCHOOL
    So this means the Superintendent has the power to revoke your CPL license on "his domain". But for sake of argument, lets say do. Then follows;

(ii) A parent or legal guardian of a student of the school is not precluded from carrying a concealed pistol while in a vehicle on school property, if he or she is dropping the student off at the school or picking up the child STUDENT from the school.
    This is telling me that at a school where Concealed weapons are prohibited, a parent would have to park their car off school grounds and leave their gun locked and unattended to drop off or pick up their kids from school without breaking the rule of the school board. Did I miss a verb somewhere?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123