Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member

An observation re CZ

In the marketplace, I see all kinds of guns for sale. Every manufacturer is represented. In my experience, people sell guns basically because for one reason or another, they don't like them. I know the feeling. The reasons don't matter, guns are personal and you like them or don't for any variety of reasons. It's hard to know, even if you rent them, until you actually own them. So many factors contribute to the way you feel about a weapon, but you don't really get the whole experience until you've owned it long enough to check the weapon out thoroughly, which is hard to do with rental time at a range.

So what's my point? How many CZ's do you ever see in the marketplace. I don't see many, almost never see any at all. I started with XD's. Tried a Glock 36. Have an LCP, and a MKIII 22/45 which is decent low cost fun. But I got a CZ 75 BD Police, and I've never loved a gun as much as that. Then I picked up a CZ 75 D compact, and yes, I love that one too. Finally, I traded for a CZ 75 P07 Duty and the Omega trigger on that thing is the bomb.

Bottom line is I am a CZ man forever now, will never part with these guns. Just sent the D Compact to Cajun Gun Works for the defensive carry treatment. Can't wait.

Now I know why you won't see many in the market place.

Just thought I'd share my observations.

I am a Forum User
    I've got a p01 and a 75sa and couldn't imagine letting either go. I think one reason you don't see many up for sale is the lack of dealer stock ( at least on the west side) and the fact that so many shooters still have never heard of them. Not saying they are the best thing ever but they're hard to beat for the money.

Banned
    CZ is one of the largest firearm manufacturers in the world. Very under-rated here in the states. I love my CZ 82 and my CZ 451 and I think, on a value for dollar basis, that CZ firearms are some of the best firearms in the marketplace today.

I am a Forum User
    Don't even get me started on how good these guns feel in your hand either, especially with some VZ grips. I went the 22/45 route for awhile and just used it to fund a kadet kit for low cost shooting and less headaches when it was cleaning time.

Account Closed
    Are they still using that black epoxy type finish that wears off eventually? That was the only thing that discouraged me from buying one.

CZ's are nice. If you like your pistols, you should get a CZ 452 .22 LR bolt action rifle. They are great shooting rifles!

Account Closed Forum User
    I traded a CZ85B off for some reason

I had 4 9mm CZs at one time, but you couldn't tell them apart shooting them, so I kept the SA, sold the rest. Picked up an oddball 40B, turned out to be the best of the bunch! Great guns for sure
    You would see more for sale if they were a dime a dozen like M&Ps and Glocks.

I am a Forum User
    Ditto all that and now you need a Kadet conversion kit.

I had a cz shop worked over 75b and I traded it...for the SP 01 I wanted in the first place.
    Wish I coulda got both.

I am a Forum User
    I have a 75B and love it. Like others have said you don't see many in the market place for a couple reasons.

1 They have only been imported in significant numbers in the last two decades. This has led many shops to not carry them in large numbers. And with almost no advertising from CZ not many people know about them.

2 Most of them are all steel which tends to be a huge deal breaker for most, especially with the polymer offerings from Glock, Ruger, Springfield and S&W. Those that do want steel inevitably tend to get a 1911, because they're so highly advertised and the 1911 platform is considered tried and true.

3 Because of reasons 1 and 2 and that CZ's are such a great deal, those that do get their hands on them tend to keep them.

I spent 4 months looking for mine before I got it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast