Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Eaton County Gun Board

I just got a letter in the mail stating I was approved for my CPL and can pick it up from the county clerks office Monday through Friday.

I thought Eaton County residents had to go in front of the gun board but the letter says nothing about the gun board.

When Michigan first passed shall issue laws, I was one of the first in line to get get one in Igham County. Due to personal issues I let it expire after the initial three year period which ended in 2005. Could it be since I already had a CPL that the gun board doesn't need to see me ? Which I still find odd since it's been almost three years since my first CPL expired.

I am a Forum User
    I just read through the app packet and it doesn't seem to say anything about appearing before them just that they are the ones that yea or nay.

I am a Forum User
    When I left the clerks office 3 weeks ago they told me I'd have to appear in front of the gun board. Everyone at work that lives in Eaton County and has a CPL has had to go in front of the gun board.

http://www.eatoncounty.org/Departmen...nformation.htm

9. Upon the successful completion of your background checks, the County Clerk’s Office will notify you by mail that you are requested to appear in front of the Eaton County Gun Board.

10. The Gun Board meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Your appearance before the Gun Board is required. The Gun Board just wants to see who you are and make sure all of your paperwork is in order.

11. You will be able to pick up your CCW License from the Clerk’s Office the same day you go in front of the Gun Board.