Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Talking to the police - The story of Raymond Lee Jennings

The talking to police thread in legal beagle reminded me of this story we just caught on Dateline or 20/20 whatever..

Basically, if you don't know the story, a young girl was changing in her car - in a carpool parking lot and was shot and killed. The only person in the parking lot at the time was a security guard.

They had to go to court three times to get a conviction but they finally got one. The evidence? Him constantly talking. Hours and hours of interview picked apart and put into the context they needed.

Any other evidence? Motive, subjective. Gun? No. Blood? No, well there was blood under her nail, not his, didn't matter. Defensive wounds on him? No. Blood on his clothes? No. Tested for gun shot residue? No.

Basically, if he would had never said a word, he wouldn't be sitting in prison for forty years (before he can get parole).

If you can find it, watch it, it is amazing the complete lack of any evidence they had. Did he do it? Probably, the window was rolled half down, he was in uniform, he knew a lot about it. Should he had been convicted? No.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/dec...in19-2009dec19

I saw that. I was amazed they convicted on such circumstantial evidence. Some of the evidence was his demeanor in the police interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    Kinda sounds like the case of the deer hunters that went missing in mid-Michigan in 1978, I believe.

The guys that were found guilty just bragged about doing it.

Never was any blood, clothes, vehicle, guns--no nothing and two guys were convicted over 20 yrs later.

There is a paperback out with that story in it. I dont recall the title but someone will post.

Sorry for the hijack-but is on the same kind of subject.

I am a Forum User
    It is Darker than Night, iirc.. By Lutz.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jetset9c1 View Post
    It is Darker than Night, iirc.. By Lutz.
    The author was Tom Henderson and the murders took place in 1985. I knew Ray and Don, I was also classmates with one of their daughters. Never would have thought.
    There is another book in the works by a friend of mine. This one will cover a lot left out by Henderson and will cover the murder of the whitness and the story of the daughter who was also convicted of a suburban Detroit murder .

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    Kinda sounds like the case of the deer hunters that went missing in mid-Michigan in 1978, I believe.

The guys that were found guilty just bragged about doing it.

Never was any blood, clothes, vehicle, guns--no nothing and two guys were convicted over 20 yrs later.

There is a paperback out with that story in it. I dont recall the title but someone will post.

Sorry for the hijack-but is on the same kind of subject.
    There was a LITTLE more to it than that, including testimony of a "witness" as to what she heard and saw that night. Her testimony is what put them away. I seem to remember a quote along the lines of "it sounded like a water-mellon being busted open by a baseball bat"

I am a Forum User
    The investigator tracked them down because they were bragging at the pub.
    But it was the witness's testimony that convicted them.
    Last edited by Donzie; 04-10-2014 at 02:19 AM.