Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Meet & Greet- August??

Anyone want to take the lead on the next meet & greet? We have done one in Westland & St Clair Shores. Restaurant that is gun friendly, prefer a private room or any area where we wont disrupt the other patrons.

PM dmd7765 or Mikeb32 if you are interested in taking the lead.

Thanks
    Michigan Gun Owners Member
    Michigan Open Carry Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

The first meet in Westland had a fair turnout. The second one in St.Clair Shores should have been better, but only 6 bodies showed up. What can we do to get more folks to show up?
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    The first meet in Westland had a fair turnout. The second one in St.Clair Shores should have been better, but only 6 bodies showed up. What can we do to get more folks to show up?
    Give something away? I'll donate 100 rounds of 9mm!

We can donate some Merchandise!!
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

I am a Forum User
    "The first meet in Westland had a fair turnout. The second one in St.Clair Shores should have been better, but only 6 bodies showed up. What can we do to get more folks to show up? "

The person that comes up the solution gets the chicken dinner! Seriously, it's a problem nobody has found an answer to and so far the suggestions people have come up with have been done, suggested before, been there, done that, didn't work, nobody cared.

Speaking of nobody caring, Remember all the whining, bitc...., ready to string them up (the BOD ) the I would run the .org perfect if I was on the BOD talk of several month's past ?

Well there are 5, count them 5!!! BOD seats open this year and how many new volunteers have stepped up to bid for election? crickets!!!!!!!!!!!

"Give something away? I'll donate 100 rounds of 9mm "
    Doubt it would work, people would complain it wasn't the right cal. for them to bother to come out for!

But Thank you for the offer to do so!!!!

Heck, we give a gun away FREE just for voting, you don't even have to be there, ( I think you should if you can, IMHO ) but anyway we had a better response last year because of it, but for the number of members eligible to vote, it was a very poor showing.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeTee View Post
    "The first meet in Westland had a fair turnout. The second one in St.Clair Shores should have been better, but only 6 bodies showed up. What can we do to get more folks to show up? "

The person that comes up the solution gets the chicken dinner! Seriously, it's a problem nobody has found an answer to and so far the suggestions people have come up with have been done, suggested before, been there, done that, didn't work, nobody cared.

Speaking of nobody caring, Remember all the whining, bitc...., ready to string them up (the BOD ) the I would run the .org perfect if I was on the BOD talk of several month's past ?

Well there are 5, count them 5!!! BOD seats open this year and how many new volunteers have stepped up to bid for election? crickets!!!!!!!!!!!

"Give something away? I'll donate 100 rounds of 9mm "
    Doubt it would work, people would complain it wasn't the right cal. for them to bother to come out for!

But Thank you for the offer to do so!!!!

Heck, we give a gun away FREE just for voting, you don't even have to be there, ( I think you should if you can, IMHO ) but anyway we had a better response last year because of it, but for the number of members eligible to vote, it was a very poor showing.

Yeah you're right! Nothing will work! The organization is doomed due to negativity!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    Yeah you're right! Nothing will work! The organization is doomed due to negativity!
    Nothing proposed / tried so far has produced the numbers it should, those who do come to events and do the volunteering would do so without perks / incentive's and have done so, My Thanks to all of them!!

Doomed ? no, as long as there is a forum, people will still log on. An organization that has people out in the real world doing things.......

negativity, If you mean to imply my attitude, I don't think I am negative, it's just the truth, I am just pointing out what I see from being at as many MGO functions as I can get to.

Let's have a show of hands, how many have been to at least one MGO event for each year they have been on the forum? 39,414 registered users, all welcome to attend event's, distill that number down anyway you want, reality is we have a poor turn out.

The solution to the turn out issue has yet to be solved and for the record I am not opposed to finding one, just saying we haven't found it yet.

How many were interested enough to attend the BOD meeting yesterday?
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post
    How many were interested enough to attend the BOD meeting yesterday?
    Seems I remember 8-10 not including Board members.

I am a Forum User
    I counted 10, some, at least 3 (non BOD ) traveled some time and distance to be there, Nice to see you guy's there!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast