Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by madmathew View Post
    Could we get a common man explanation of these bills? How are they defining brandishing? Does this address printing?
    The definition for Brandishing that they placed into law is:

(c) "Brandish" means to point, wave about, or display in a threatening manner with the intent to induce fear in another person.
    And then they changed the penal code so that the act of "brandishing" had to be "willful" before it became criminal, and they made the exception for self defense.

The concept of "printing" was not addressed, because OPENLY CARRYING a holstered handgun is not a crime, so the shape of a handgun under a piece of cloth is not a crime. "Printing" did/does not need to be addressed.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    The definition for Brandishing that they placed into law is:

And then they changed the penal code so that the act of "brandishing" had to be "willful" before it became criminal, and they made the exception for self defense.

The concept of "printing" was not addressed, because OPENLY CARRYING a holstered handgun is not a crime, so the shape of a handgun under a piece of cloth is not a crime. "Printing" did/does not need to be addressed.
    Well described.

I am a Forum User
    HB 4160 of 2015 (PA 27 of 2015)
    Weapons; other; brandishing a firearm; exempt certain actions. Amends sec. 234e of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.234e). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4161'15
    Last Action: 7/15/2016 Analysis File Added

HB 4161 of 2015 (PA 28 of 2015)
    Weapons; other; definition of brandish; provide for. Amends sec. 222 of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.222). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4160'15
    Last Action: 7/15/2016 Analysis File Added

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234