Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    It is not showing up in the I-net search engines yet.
    It might be updated there later today.

http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,466...4463--,00.html

Vert good

MGO Member
    Does this mean I can shoot my BB gun on my property (with a safe back stop of course) even if my city has an ordinance against it?

Sec. 4. This act does not prohibit a city or a charter township from doing any of the following:

(a) Prohibiting the discharge of a pistol or other firearm within the jurisdiction of that city or charter township.

(b) Prohibiting the discharge of pneumatic guns in any area within the jurisdiction of the city or charter township that is so heavily populated as to make that conduct dangerous to the inhabitants of that area, except that an ordinance shall not prohibit the discharge of pneumatic guns at authorized target ranges, on other property where firearms may be discharged, or on or within private property with the permission of the owner or possessor of that property if conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.

Enacting section 1. This amendatory act takes effect 90 days after the date it is enacted into law.

This act is ordered to take immediate effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ncs View Post
    Does this mean I can shoot my BB gun on my property (with a safe back stop of course) even if my city has an ordinance against it?

Sec. 4. This act does not prohibit a city or a charter township from doing any of the following:

(a) Prohibiting the discharge of a pistol or other firearm within the jurisdiction of that city or charter township.

(b) Prohibiting the discharge of pneumatic guns in any area within the jurisdiction of the city or charter township that is so heavily populated as to make that conduct dangerous to the inhabitants of that area, except that an ordinance shall not prohibit the discharge of pneumatic guns at authorized target ranges, on other property where firearms may be discharged, or on or within private property with the permission of the owner or possessor of that property if conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.

Enacting section 1. This amendatory act takes effect 90 days after the date it is enacted into law.

What you posted answers your own question, the act does not stop a city or charter township from prohibiting pneumatic guns from being discharged. Pretty much what this is saying is that even if you got your ducks in a row, you live a mile away from anyone else with a 50 ft tall back stop and have a military shooting range, your township still reserves the right to prohibit you shooting your bb gun at that location

Quote Originally Posted by .41maganiac View Post
    It might be updated there later today.

http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,466...4463--,00.html
    Great post! Definite conformation of Snyder signature.

It also lists the brandishing bill as being signed.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
    your township still reserves the right to prohibit you shooting your bb gun at that location
    I thought this part would allow it?

Except that an ordinance shall not prohibit the discharge of pneumatic guns at authorized target ranges, on other property where firearms may be discharged, or on or within private property with the permission of the owner or possessor of that property if conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ncs View Post

What you posted answers your own question, the act does not stop a city or charter township from prohibiting pneumatic guns from being discharged. Pretty much what this is saying is that even if you got your ducks in a row, you live a mile away from anyone else with a 50 ft tall back stop and have a military shooting range, your township still reserves the right to prohibit you shooting your bb gun at that location
    It does answer the question, but you might want to reread the portion that I bolded.

Using a pneumatic gun on your own property can not be regulated away, as long as no projectile ever leaves your property.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    It does answer the question, but you might want to reread the portion that I bolded.

Using a pneumatic gun on your own property can not be regulated away, as long as no projectile ever leaves your property.
    Well...That leaves ALLOT of municipal codes that now need updating!
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    SB 0085 of 2015 (PA 0029 of 2015)
    Weapons; firearms; definition of pneumatic guns; provide for, and prohibit certain regulations by local units of government. Amends title & secs. 1, 2, 3 & 4 of 1990 PA 319 (MCL 123.1101 et seq.).
    Last Action: 5/14/2015 ASSIGNED PA 0029'15 WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT

I am a Forum User
    SB 0085 of 2015 (PA 0029 of 2015)
    Weapons; firearms; definition of pneumatic guns; provide for, and prohibit certain regulations by local units of government. Amends title & secs. 1, 2, 3 & 4 of 1990 PA 319 (MCL 123.1101 et seq.).
    Last Action: 10/6/2016 Analysis File Added

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345