Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    If we want to thin wallets, then let's focus efforts on constitutional carry.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I'm with roundballer on this one. Every doctor's office I've ever been to has a policy of keeping copies of ID and insurance cards. Given the way medical records are getting entered in to the federal system, and obamacare is trying to push an anti-gun agenda... I can see just going to the Dr's office and showing an ID causing a lot of problems.
    What's the difference, you are already in the State database, and I would assume that you bought your pistol correct?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    Or... we could do it the government way and increase taxes so you don't have so much cash.

Quote Originally Posted by EricF517 View Post
    What's the difference, you are already in the State database, and I would assume that you bought your pistol correct?
    Seriously? You can't see the difference?

• The State database is protected from the FOIA requests.
    • Not even LEOs can access it without a good reason.
    • The law only requires disclosure to LEOs.
    • The actual card needs to only be displayed upon request of LEOs.
    • Even though Drs' Offices may question about firearms, they are prohibited from demanding or withholding service. Why volunteer the information?
    • The Feds (BATFE) is prohibited from maintaining firearm/owner databases, not so with "health records".
    • There is no need to give information to those that can use it against you, including LEOs.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Seriously? You can't see the difference?

• The State database is protected from the FOIA requests.
    • Not even LEOs can access it without a good reason.
    • The law only requires disclosure to LEOs.
    • The actual card needs to only be displayed upon request of LEOs.
    • Even though Drs' Offices may question about firearms, they are prohibited from demanding or withholding service. Why volunteer the information?
    • The Feds (BATFE) is prohibited from maintaining firearm/owner databases, not so with "health records".
    • There is no need to give information to those that can use it against you, including LEOs.
    Thank you Roundballer and DrScaryGuy. I have been an advocate of integrating the CPL into the DL but clearly had not thought it through completely; especially tying together the fact that the DL image is a medical record.

#mindchanged

I am a Forum User
    You can pass a back ground check you can carry , I see a few more states are coming around , Michigan needs to get on board

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogsanme View Post
    You can pass a back ground check you can carry , I see a few more states are coming around , Michigan needs to get on board
    I like the idea of constitutional carry, but wouldn't want the CPL done away with entirely until it wasn't required to be able to carry in other states.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by lethean View Post
    I like the idea of constitutional carry, but wouldn't want the CPL done away with entirely until it wasn't required to be able to carry in other states.
    Then make the price something reasonable like $25 for 5 yrs.

Banned
    We have a winner!!!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by lethean View Post
    If Michigan gets ConCarry, the CPL won't go away as we'll still have 750.234d. e.g. Financial institutions and stores with a liquor license. ConCarry will not eliminate the PFZ's.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast