Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp View Post
    If Michigan gets ConCarry, the CPL won't go away as we'll still have 750.234d. e.g. Financial institutions and stores with a liquor license. ConCarry will not eliminate the PFZ's.
    Good point. It probably won't, but it probably should.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by EricF517 View Post
    I still haven't figured out why they just don't put "Concealed Pistol License" right on a DL so you only need one card.
    F that. I don't want anyone looking at my ID to know. Granted I work at a place where I ring in sales transactions. I see blue cards all the time. Some are fairly out in the open. Others are pretty hidden, but I still notice.

I would rather start making my wallet thinner.
    Government is making our wallets thinner already.

Account Closed
    I still haven't figured out why they just don't put "Concealed Pistol License" right on a DL so you only need one card.
    +1 I've been saying that for years!

I am a Forum User
    Because then when a cop sees it he would grab his gun & shoot you.

Self defense, he was afraid you were going to go postal and shoot him because of road rage or something.

Because you didn't have a gun, you didn't inform and the cop didn't KNOW you didn't have a gun but thought you might and might draw and shoot him.

Cops need to know this information because of all the cops being killed in states that don't tell them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Because then when a cop sees it he would grab his gun & shoot you.

Self defense, he was afraid you were going to go postal and shoot him because of road rage or something.

Because you didn't have a gun, you didn't inform and the cop didn't KNOW you didn't have a gun but thought you might and might draw and shoot him.

Cops need to know this information because of all the cops being killed in states that don't tell them.
    Not sure who says more stupid **** on here, you or Super.....

The DL/CPL combo is a rediculous idea.

Kansas and Missouri did this in the past but they no longer do so. No jurisdiction in the U.S. does this.

It would be nice if the SOS could print out CPL's that look identical to a DL and mail those out as licenses. That would be better since then they could be carried as a stand alone document instead of being required to carry a secondary ID with a CPL.

Michigan used to put an address on a CPL and you only needed to carry that, but no thanks to MCRGO in 2003, that changed... And more states have been slowly adopting that nonsense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    Government is making our wallets thinner already.
    And here I thought it was my wife! LOL

I am a Forum User
    You may see it that way as your LEO and see things from a different perspective.... Myself I don't want what is no one else's business becoming their business.... I already have to carry 4 pieces of ID with me just to walk on board ship one more piece of ID will not break my back to carry....

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I guess if it came down to it, I would be perfectly happy with a CPL that also doubles as a driver's license... but I would hate a driver's license that also had CPL info on it. My reasons are all those listed by everybody.
    I'd still carry both cards, because anybody that NEEDS to see a CPL would probably also need to see a DL. But not the other way around.

Any way that might happen?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast