Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    It'll never happen.
    That would be the general impression, based on past legislation.

This Bill has 19 that are signed on at this point, it only needs another 36 of the 91 remaining reps to get behind it for it to then move to the Senate.

It is not that much of a stretch if WE get behind it!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    That would be the general impression, based on past legislation.

This Bill has 19 that are signed on at this point, it only needs another 36 of the 91 remaining reps to get behind it for it to then move to the Senate.

It is not that much of a stretch if WE get behind it!
    Watch this space and MOC's Facebook page in early September.

(This is not to take anything away from MGO, I just don't want to speak for MGO)

I, and many others don't do the Book of Face.

If that is the sole portal to the internet, you are missing contact with a large portion of the more "senior" people that are on the 'net. We have a tendency to distrust certain things.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member

If that is the sole portal to the internet, you are missing contact with a large portion of the more "senior" people that are on the 'net. We have a tendency to distrust certain things.
    +1 to that...
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    Understood. That's why this forum is still going as well as MOC's forum. MOC also uses email updates which can be signed up for here: www.miopencarry.org/updates

I am a Forum User
    I REALLY hope this goes through. I don't have too much expectation that it will, but I hope that it does.

MGO Member
    this bill is a good first start, need to add jail time 30 to 90 days first time 1 year for any time they needed to be taken back to court

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by khicks View Post
    this bill is a good first start, need to add jail time 30 to 90 days first time 1 year for any time they needed to be taken back to court
    Writing a bad check is a felony, I think writing a bad law should be too.

I am a Forum User
    HB 5500 '14 had a specific reference to 752.11. That was taken out in 4795 to make the bill more palatable. However, the bill does specifically say that the individual fines are in ADDITION to any other penalties provided by law. 752.11 can still be used, as well as any other criminal punishment the prosecutor thinks fits.

Having the punishment in the bill would be nice, but as stated before, good luck getting a prosecutor to prosecute. With the new language, it's less scary to legislators, but still open enough in case someone actually finds a prosecutor with a backbone.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar

A lot of forums I used to frequent have switched over to FB. I used to think that FB was primarily younger people, but this doesn't seem to be the case. In the last few years, their largest growth was in the 55+ demographic and they actually lost people in the 24 and under demographic. My parents (who are in their 70's), along with a fair number of their friends, use it.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast