Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does the Ruger Charger(10/22 pistol) fit all the Ruger 10/22(rifle) stocks?

I'm wondering if there is any difference between the Ruger Charger receiver and the Ruger 10/22 receiver that would prevent the Charger from being a drop in fit for 10/22 stocks.

I think the Charger would be a better starting point for me to form 1 into an SBR as long as it drops right into 10/22 stocks/chassis.

EDIT:I'd be using/interested in using the Takedown version.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 08-28-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    I'm wondering if there is any difference between the Ruger Charger receiver and the Ruger 10/22 receiver that would prevent the Charger from being a drop in fit for 10/22 stocks.

I think the Charger would be a better starting point for me to form 1 into an SBR as long as it drops right into 10/22 stocks/chassis.
    From what I understand, the takedown models are interchangeable. You can put the charger barrel section on the rifle stock/reciever section

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBuilder View Post
    From what I understand, the takedown models are interchangeable. You can put the charger barrel section on the rifle stock/reciever section
    Thanks for the insight!

After a lot of reading, it would seem that they are absolutely identical. Only differences are the barrels and stock(or lack of)...

Now I'm trying to decide what I want to start from(rifle, pistol, factory receiver, or aftermarket receiver). There does not seem to be many aftermarket takedown receivers yet and 10" takedown barrels are almost non-existent. Being that the Charger has a CHF barrel, I probably don't need a barrel anytime soon. I'm thinking the Charger is the no brainer to start with being that I don't already own a takedown rifle.

Side note: Aside from a trigger assembly with auto bolt release and extended mag release; what all does a 10/22 need or extremely benefit from aftermarket/upgrade wise?
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 08-29-2015 at 11:51 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Out of curiosity, since the long part of a Take Down is the receiver+buttstock, what is the benefit from having an SBR version?

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsie View Post
    Out of curiosity, since the long part of a Take Down is the receiver+buttstock, what is the benefit from having an SBR version?
    The benefits for me are:
    -It will be ultra tiny with a folding stock(with or without the barrel).
    -The short barrel will help keep standard velocity .22lr subsonic(major advantage IMO)
    -I can choose to run a supressor and the OAL will be no worse then the standard rifle version
    -Being that it's a takedown, I can own multiple barrel lengths that swap out in seconds.
    -Cool factor.

That's bout it...I want a short barrel mainly to keep things subsonic and I figure spending the extra couple bucks for a takedown is worth it since I can swap the barrel back to a xx" at any time if I'm so inclined to.

Just to clarify before somebody points it out... I have seen TacSol's SBX barrel already (short barrel with a shroud to make it 16"...supressor fits within the shroud to minimize tax stamps and OAL with a supressor attached). It is close to what I want to accomplish but I'd still rather just have an SBR.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 08-29-2015 at 09:59 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsie View Post
    You're back!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMD357 View Post
    You're back!
    Yeah, I'm not so busy and now I'm sick again

Banned Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    The benefits for me are:
    -It will be ultra tiny with a folding stock(with or without the barrel).
    -The short barrel will help keep standard velocity .22lr subsonic(major advantage IMO)
    -I can choose to run a supressor and the OAL will be no worse then the standard rifle version
    -Being that it's a takedown, I can own multiple barrel lengths that swap out in seconds.
    -Cool factor.

That's bout it...I want a short barrel mainly to keep things subsonic and I figure spending the extra couple bucks for a takedown is worth it since I can swap the barrel back to a xx" at any time if I'm so inclined to.

Just to clarify before somebody points it out... I have seen TacSol's SBX barrel already (short barrel with a shroud to make it 16"...supressor fits within the shroud to minimize tax stamps and OAL with a supressor attached). It is close to what I want to accomplish but I'd still rather just have an SBR.
    better to go for a fixed charger barrel and having a side folding stock. you will need to go to a 5 inch barrel to make standard ammo subsonic. the charger 10 inch barrel still pushed standard ammo out supersonic. KIDD makes 4 and 5 inch barrels although it is cheaper to just get a standard one cut down.

I am a Forum User
    Why not just buy 22lr subsonic ammo?

Std velocity ammo is sub sonic, the speed of sound is 1120 fps @ sea level and std vel runs from 1100 down with most around 1050fps.

The majority of match ammo is sub sonic, with very few exceptions. CCI makes a "STD Velocity" line as does Winchester and Remington. I believe the Winchester and Remington brands are listed now as "Target" or "Match" ammo. Aguila as offers sub sonic, and a line called "Quiet". The Quiet's are primer powered only and should not be fired in auto loaders or rifles as the risk of a stuck bullet is very real. American offerings of this load are available labeled as CB caps, or BB cap ammo.

All bulk ammo is high velocity as well as Mini Mags, most hunting type HP ammo. There are however some European made HP's that are sub sonic. A short pistol barrel will produce sub sonic velocities will most 22LR High Speed ammo as our new friend from down below suggests.

Last I'll post and leave this old post die....
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast