Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

MGO/MOC A2 JOINT Pizza in the Park 630-830pm- Gallup Park Shelter Ann Arbor

To say setting up a simple dinner in Ann Arbor has been a challenge is a major understatement. Twice we've had venues agree to host our dining party and then cancel on us. Our first venue was very excited to host us but soon after posting our event on Facebook the owner was harassed by those who detest guns, forcing him to cancel. We can only speculate why our second venue canceled. We talked to numerous owners and managers of Ann Arbor based restaurants who support our message or just wanted the added business yet none of them expected the community to be tolerant and feared backlash. So we are taking away the one tool these rabid anti-gun, anti-freedom folks have; the power to intimidate private business owners.

We are removing the innocent business owners from the equation, saving them from intimidation tactics simply because they chose to allow law abiding citizens to gather for dinner. It is for these reasons we are hosting our dinner September 29th at 6:30pm in Gallup Park in the "Wooden Shelter". Now there will be no private business to intimidate, there will be no business forced by an intolerant community to make the choice between freedom of association and financial ruin.

While our original event had a small profile, we’ve now decided a larger one is in order which is why Michigan Open Carry has joined with Michigan Gun Owners for pizza in the park. We will provide pizza, pop and water (no brands will be publicized lest there be a campaign waged against those companies).

You may recall that MOC is currently engaged in a lawsuit against Clio Area Schools, while MGO has a similar one against Ann Arbor Public Schools. There will be a donation jar available for those who have the means and wish to donate. We look forward to seeing you there.
    Michigan Gun Owners Member
    Michigan Open Carry Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

I am a Forum User
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?..." height="480"

Depending on how big, parking may be an issue. I recommend using the lot east of Huron Parkway and walking OR drive through the Gallup park entrance to the west of Huron Parkway and driving all the way around to the back lot.

For those who may come from out of town, I thought this would be helpful. This park is also across from Huron High School for those that came out for the board meetings in spring. I imagine parking can be had there and then walk if able and needed.

http://www.a2gov.org/departments/Par...es/Gallup.aspx
    Last edited by Ricebrnr; 09-18-2015 at 05:43 PM.

MGO Board of Directors

Did I miss something? I dont see a date, only a time.

I see September 29th at 6:30 P.M.
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb32 View Post
    I see September 29th at 6:30 P.M.
    I see it. It was me as I questioned in previous post.

I would like to invite the all inclusive, open minded citizens to join us for pizza and civil conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by G36 Shooter View Post
    I would like to invite the all inclusive, open minded citizens to join us for pizza and civil conversation.

Open minded citizens in A2?

At 6:30 p.m. Friday, a member of Michigan Open Carry told a reporter with The News that the group is now planning a pizza dinner September 29th at 6:30pm in Gallup Park in the "Wooden Shelter".
    Prepare for the unexpected!
    Last edited by Ruger; 09-19-2015 at 10:28 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    Open minded citizens in A2?

Prepare for the unexpected!
    Hey, just as the gun community doesn't like to be branded by the actions of a few, let me remind you there are quite a few of us Ann Arbor and community gun owners here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebrnr View Post
    Hey, just as the gun community doesn't like to be branded by the actions of a few, let me remind you there are quite a few of us Ann Arbor and community gun owners here as well.
    I hope you're right! And I hope they show up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    I hope you're right! And I hope they show up!
    I couldn't agree more, it would be a shame for the crowd to all be non-Residents!
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast