Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    With the 3rd match of the season (August 27th) approaching I want to throw out this offer to anyone who would like to give CMP / NRA high power a try but is unsure of how to get into position, attach and use a sling or unsure of how high power works / course of fire / rules, etc. everything will be fired @ 200 yards on a generous target.

I will be at MRPC by 8-8:30 to set up the range. I will be done with that by about 9 am. If you are one of the individuals described above you are welcome to contact me to let me know you would like to participate and show up around 9 am. I will spend the following 2 hours getting you squared away and ready for live fire.

I will explain and demonstrate the fundamentals, get you into firing positions and work with you to get you comfortable in a sling and with the positions. I even have web slings to loan but your rifle must have a sling swivel on the forend that will accept a 1.25" wide sling. We will dry fire during this time so that you get used to aiming, breathing and trigger control and get your gear and yourself adjusted to each other. During the match you get sighters at the beginning so no worries about zeroing and if you need more than 5 we can make that happen.

During the match I will coach to help you along and help you to have a positive experience and attitude. New shooters are allowed (and encouraged) to remain in position for rapid fire and I give you the time required to get all of your rounds off safely.

So if you want to take me up on this offer please send me a PM. My one caveat is that you must complete at least one complete match that day at a cost of $10. I also am limiting the number of individuals to no more than 3 so that I can provide attention to everyone.
    Last edited by Rootsy; 08-08-2016 at 01:58 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Remember MRPC's next match is this coming Saturday 8/27. The weather looks to be absolutely gorgeous! Squadding begins @ 11 am. Live fire @ 12:30. We have 20 firing points and I plan to run 3 relays if participation warrants it. $10 a relay.

So come on out and join us. Remember I have a class for just about anyone. Don't feel that you can't because you think you lack the equipment or the skill. We all start somewhere and this is as good a time and place as any!

I am a Forum User
    MRPC Highpower Results: 8/27/16

Match day began as a pleasant 80 degrees and partly sunny. The target improvements appear to help see hits in the black in shady or overcast conditions. 20 shooters occupied every firing point on the line and we were able to complete one relay (20 Matches) before rain moved in and cut the day short.

Had the rain held off we had 21 shooters squadded to fire at least 27 matches. All AIMR shooters fired the Garand course A match format (5 sighters/ 10 slow prone/ 10 rapid prone/ 10 standing) and all National Match sooters fired the traditional President’s match format on reduced targets (5 sighters/ 10 slow standing/ 10 rapid prone/ 10 slow prone). This is how the rest of the season will run. Sporting/ Unlimited class entries will also fire the President’s match format on reduced targets.

In the AIMR category Tom Box bested both Kent Roach (1903A3) and Scott Kemler (Garand) by 2X’s to win the AIMR category firing a 282-8X with a 1903A3 Springfield. In the National Match category, Jack Abrams was the winner firing a 289-7X with his NMAR with Matt Wieczorek hot on his heels firing a 287-8X. Matt says 8’s are bullcrap!

After 3 Matches, Steve Jones is the only competitor in any category with 4 or more scores reported, and currently holds the top spot in the AIMR category for the league championship. Matt Wieczorek with 3 scores reporting in the National Match category is the current leader, with Jack Abrams currently sitting in 2nd place with one less score on the board. In the NM category it is a real horse race and anyone’s game.

The next Match is 9/17/16. Squadding at 11 am with live fire to commence approximately 12:30. I hope to see you all on the line.

I am a Forum User
    The 4th match of the 2016 MRPC CMP AIMR & High Power league will be this Saturday September 17th. Squadding begins @ 11 am. Come on out and test your marksmanship skills.

I am a Forum User
    The 4th match (September) of the 2016 MRPC high power league was a rain out but all was not lost. 7 competitors were on hand waiting out the rain and when it didn’t appear that was going to be the case we decided instead to fire an informal 50’ rimfire match indoors. With a couple of new shooters on hand this was a perfect alternative to going home. Everyone drew a club rifle and ammo and fired a 30 shot (with unlimited sighters) match. Course of fire was 10 shots standing, 10 sitting and 10 prone. Matthew Wieczorek came out on top for the day. With any luck this exposure for some of our shooters who have never participated in positional smallbore will see them return for MRPC's 4P smallbore league this Winter.

The 5th match of the 2016 MRPC high power league and first match of October (10/9/2016) saw the good Lord be kind and provide great weather for the match. Mild temperatures with a mix of sun and clouds along with a fairly stiff breeze prevailed, a drastic difference from the September match. 14 competitors fired a total of 22 matches over 3 relays. In attendance were 2 juniors and 3 new shooters who had never participated in CMP GSM or NRA high power competition. We have been fortunate to have shooters new to CMP & NRA high power competition nearly every match this year.

At the top of the mountain was Jack Abrams firing a very impressive 297 - 9X with his National Match AR in the NM / Match rifle category. 99 point aggregates across the board. Anyone who has ever fired standing, unsupported @ 200 yards on the SR and prone with a sling on the MR52 will understand this feat. I will go out on a limb and say this will stand as the highest aggregate score for the 2016 league. In the AIMR category Chris Dingell fired a 286-10X in the modern military sub category for high AIMR score of the day. James Root was close behind with a score of 286-5X fired with a 1903A3 and backed that up with a 285-5X with the Garand. Root’s 100-2X clean in slow prone with the Garand was the only clean of the day and thus far of the 2016 season across all categories.

Championship standings still have Steve Jones in the lead in the AIMR category as the only competitor with 4 matches. Jack Abrams leads the National Match category as the only competitor with 4 matches fired in the category. There are a number of competitors in each category with 2 and 3 scores reporting and one match date left to fire 3rd and 4th aggregate scores this season. Remember, 4 scores are needed to qualify for the end of year championship payout. 40% first place, 30% 2nd, 20% 3rd and 10% 4th (per category).

If anyone wishes to learn about CMP or NRA high power competition please feel free to arrive early on match day (9 am). I will provide a couple of hours of coaching prior to the match after setting up the range. You will learn about safety, shooting positions, sling use, courses of fire, equipment, scoring and rules. Enough to get you going in the right direction and able to complete a match. Equipment available for loan so you don’t need to show up with anything but proper attire and a desire to learn and participate. If interested I can be contacted by PM or email through the MGO website.

The last official 2016 league match will be October 29, 2016. Squadding begins at 11 am and firing will begin after safety briefing about 12:15. Price is $10 per match and you may fire up to 3 matches as space allows. So load up some ammo, blacken those sights and lets wrap up the 2016 season with a packed range!

J.A.Root - Match Director

Championship Standings 10-9-2016

Match Results 10-9-2016

I am a Forum User
    The final match for the 2016 season was held on 10-29-16. The match results and final league standings are below. I will be releasing 2017 dates in the next month. The first match will be in March 2017.

Congrats to our very own Doc_D who came out to give it a try, stuck with it and earned himself a 3rd place aggregate finish in the National Match category. Well done my friend.

MRPC Match 6 Results 10-29-16

MRPC Championship Standings - Final

I am a Forum User
    Thanks Rootsy! The matches were a lot of fun. Your mini coaching sessions drastically shortened the learning curve. I went from being worried about hitting the paper to complaining about shooting 7s and 8s in pretty short order with your help. I'm looking forward to next season and hopefully continuing to get better.

I know I sound like a broken record, but anyone interested in having fun shooting their rifles in friendly competition should jump at the chance to come out to one of your free mini clinics to get started. And unlike other types of competition I've shot (USPSA action pistol), these matches are very relaxed, very laid back and full of very friendly people. It's just you against the target. Anyone can do this and have fun.

Doc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12