Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    This wouldn't have been any help during the Kazoo shootings. But it is a feel good I'm doing something to protect the public legislation. I think people in urban environments will soon get tired of the active shooter alerts going off.

It is either this or they would have to work on something we actually want them to do.

Another "thanks for nothing" piece of legislation.

I am a Forum User
    One rep suggested that R leadership expected a certain number of bill submitted from each rep.

I am a Forum User
    HB 5442 of 2016
    Law enforcement; communications; active shooter alert sent to residents through various modes of communication including on cellular telephones; provide for. Creates new act.
    Last Action: 5/11/2016 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

I am a Forum User
    **CANCELLED**

NOTICE OF SCHEDULED MEETING

DATE: Tuesday, May 17, 2016

TIME: 3:00 p.m.

PLACE: Room 110, Farnum Building, 125 W. Allegan Street, Lansing, MI 48933

PHONE: Corey Woodby (517) 373-1721

Committee Clerk

AGENDA

HB 5442 Rep. Iden Law enforcement; communications; active shooter alert sent to residents through various modes of communication including on cellular telephones; provide for.

HB 5449 Rep. Hoadley Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; crime of making a false report of an urgent and immediate threat; provide for.

HB 5567 Rep. Maturen Criminal procedure; other; recovery of certain costs for prosecution for a false report of a public threat; provide for.

Testimony only:

SB 927 Sen. Kowall Crimes; computer; willfully accessing of motor vehicle electronic system to destroy, damage, impair, alter, or control the vehicle; prohibit and provide penalties.

SB 928 Sen. Horn Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines for crime of accessing motor vehicle electronic system to destroy, damage, impair, alter, or control the vehicle; provide.
    Last edited by Tallbear; 05-17-2016 at 11:43 AM.

I am a Forum User
    There is a way in Android to block all alerts, with the exception of Presidential Alerts

I am a Forum User
    HB 5442 of 2016
    Law enforcement; communications; active shooter alert sent to residents through various modes of communication including on cellular telephones; provide for. Creates new act.
    Last Action: 5/17/2016 Analysis File Added

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Because I don't get enough amber alerts at inopportune times anyway.
    Seriously, if i'm in the middle of a conference, I'm not going to be out looking for cars.
    Similarly, if I'm in the middle of a conference, I'm not going to be worried about a shooting going on a few miles away.

The problem is that in many active shooter situations, the police have actively tried to NOT jump to the conclusion that it was an active shooter situation.
    think virginia tech, where the guy went from place to place and killed people in multiple areas - with the police trying to keep news quiet.

So, what? I'm going to get an alert that there WAS an active shooter somewhere else and it's over already? no thanks.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    DATE: Tuesday, May 24, 2016

TIME: 3:00 p.m.

PLACE: Room 110, Farnum Building, 125 W. Allegan Street, Lansing, MI 48933

PHONE: Corey Woodby (517) 373-1721

Committee Clerk

AGENDA

SB 976 Sen. Nofs Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; crime of making a false report of an urgent and immediate threat; provide for.

HB 5078 Rep. Pscholka Corrections; parole; procedures for parole of prisoner who is determined to be medically frail; revise.

HB 5079 Rep. Pagel Corrections; parole; corrections code of 1953; amend to implement medically frail parole.

HB 5081 Rep. VerHeulen Crimes; penalties; penalties for removal of a parolee from a facility who was placed there as a condition of his or her parole; provide for.

HB 5442 Rep. Iden Law enforcement; communications; active shooter alert sent to residents through various modes of communication including on cellular telephones; provide for.

HB 5567 Rep. Maturen Criminal procedure; other; recovery of certain costs for prosecution for a false report of a public threat; provide for.

I am a Forum User
    HB 5442 of 2016
    Last Action: 7/13/2016 presented to the Governor 6/20/2016 @ 4:06 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12