Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

HB 5563, 5564 Make State buildings weapon-free zones

HB 5563 of 2016
    Weapons; concealed; weapon-free zones; include all buildings owned or leased by this state. Amends sec. 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425o).
    Last Action: 4/19/2016 bill electronically reproduced 04/14/2016

HB 5564 of 2016
    Weapons; other; gun-free zones; expand to include all buildings owned or leased by this state. Amends sec. 234d of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.234d).
    Last Action: 4/19/2016 bill electronically reproduced 04/14/2016

No.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    No.
    That is the correct answer!

But this doesn't actually make State buildings "weapons free". It just makes it so that you have to OC w/CPL.

Ignorant law makers don't even understand what they have written.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    they need to make sure that even the capital security and michigan state police must be unarmed at all time, at the local sos office the local police must be unarmed at all times, if the dummies want gun free they can have gun free totaly. i my self would rather leave things the way they are.

MGO Member
    So the state wants to basically force you into obtaining a cpl in order to carry in buildings owned or leased by the state? That would either make more people obtain cpls or just make people leave the weapon in the car.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbizel1 View Post
    So the state wants to basically force you into obtaining a cpl in order to carry in buildings owned or leased by the state? That would either make more people obtain cpls or just make people leave the weapon in the car.
    I think this is what they are 'shooting' for...
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

This causes a real problem. The initial intent of the CPL, shall issue, and preemption, was to eliminate all of the "patchwork" of places under different rules. Now they want to create their own "patchwork" of SoS, DNR, DHS, and all of the other ALPHABET State agencies where you can't carry concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmonarch View Post
    I think this is what they are 'shooting' for...
    Actually, I have been trying to figure out if there might be another reason behind these moronic bills of late. I think that I might have an idea.

Bear with me for a moment.
    This is an election year, the entire house is up for election.
    There is something new this year that might hurt the "D's" at the polls. SB-13 was signed into law, and among other things, there will no longer be a "straight party check box".
    A voter is going to have to know their candidates' name before they go to the polls, and then pick it on the ballot.
    These candidates don't have a lot of money for campaigning, so they are going to do everything they can to attract the attention of both sides.
    With a "controversial" issue, they can attract rebuttal from their foes and get their name out there as "working for the people". TV programs will ask them, and some opposition, to come on the air and "discuss" the issue. They will be more than accommodating to have the chance at the free publicity, with no real regard to get the crap legislation passed.

Don't forget, once elected, the primary job of a politician is to get re-elected.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by khicks View Post
    they need to make sure that even the capital security and michigan state police must be unarmed at all time, at the local sos office the local police must be unarmed at all times, if the dummies want gun free they can have gun free totaly. i my self would rather leave things the way they are.
    Get a grip already. That's not going to happen nor should it. Nor should they disarm law abiding citizens in any State buildings either.

MGO Member
    More infringements. Remind em that Art 1 sec 6 allows citizens to carry for everyones defense.....

I am a Forum User
    Makes no sense to me that law abiding and carrying citizens cannot carry on the property they as citizens own and maintain. Perhaps the answer is to make the state owned and leased truly weapon free like armed forces recruiting centers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast