Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I think this really boils down to the fact that a drone is considered an aircraft by the FAA. I'll bet your Cessna cannot have a mounted firearm either.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    I think this really boils down to the fact that a drone is considered an aircraft by the FAA. I'll bet your Cessna cannot have a mounted firearm either.
    You have narrowed it down to a definition of a word that doesn't appear in the text of the bill. This will have nothing to do with what the FAA "considers" on anything.

They use the term "Unmanned aerial vehicle" and then they define it:

2016-HIB-5726 text

(b) "Unmanned aerial vehicle" means an aircraft that is operated without the possibility of direct human intervention from within or on the aircraft.
    As they have written this, it will include ANY form of a model plane, helicopter, quadcopter, anything. Note that they don't even specify if has the lift to get off the ground with the extra weight attached. They are simply making the possession of "THINGS" illegal. Once you "equip" this "Unmanned aerial vehicle" in a certain way, it is illegal.

And the punishment for playing around is:

(2) A person who violates subsection (1) is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or a fine of not more than $2,500.00, or both.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345