Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User

Ruger American chambered in .450 Bushmaster

Randy's Hunting Center in Bad Axe has worked out an exclusive deal to get Ruger American bolt-action rifles chambered in .450 Bushamaster. They work great for deer hunting and are legal for the entire state, including the Zone 3 "shotgun/limited firearm zone". They are priced right at $529 for a 16" barrel with a threaded muzzle and will soon be getting 22" standard barrel models in for $499. Just wanted to let everyone know about a great new option for deer season!

You can get them on GB also,

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/592449586
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

Why not just buy a .450 bushmaster upper for your AR-15 lower? What advantage is there to a bolt action in .450 Bushmaster? Would a bolt action in .460 S&W Magnum be a better choice, etc...?

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I haven't had as good of luck with changing the upper out on my AR rifles. It doesn't appear to be as accurate as these bolt action rifles. Also, it doesn't produce the same muzzle velocity as it uses some of the pressure to cycle the action. Nobody makes a .460 S&W in a bolt-action rifle. CVA tried making a single shot and couldn't make it shoot. A friend of mine had a T/C Encore in .460 but while shooting it, it broke bases, rings, and broke three scopes! (Two Nikon and a Leupold). Plus it kicked like a mule! I prefer the .450 because it recoils similar to a 20 gauge slug gun and the 16" model can accept a brake from Mag-Na-Port for $150 that makes it super easy to shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    Why not just buy a .450 bushmaster upper for your AR-15 lower? What advantage is there to a bolt action in .450 Bushmaster? Would a bolt action in .460 S&W Magnum be a better choice, etc...?
    Maybe they don't have a AR,
    .460 would be a better choice, but no one is making one for $530.
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

I am a Forum User
    This is a better deal. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/593555811 the guys email is lstorant@aol.com

I am a Forum User
    Bolt gun is lighter more compact.

I am a Forum User
    Genuinely curious as to why the axis is a better deal in your mind?

I am a Forum User
    It's tough to beat the Ruger American for accuracy.

Account Closed Forum User
    Randy from Randys Hunting Center was on Michigan outdoors this week with the New Ruger Rifle, It looks pretty good and accurate out to 300 yards !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast