Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDave View Post
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...an-legislation

Click on the take action button and follow instructions.
    Thanks for the link RhinoDave, E-mail sent!

Odd thing is. I tried twice to add some of my own text and got an "error" twice. Third time I sent it unedited with no problem. (???)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmuskier View Post
    As long as you register it with the MSP, properly store it IAW MSP guidelines, allow the MSP to inspect your storage facility annually, and renew your registration annually.
    Not to mention this is a confiscation scheme, as these firearms become nontransferable, and must be surrendered to the state upon your death. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but that's the way I read it.)
    Last edited by MI redneck; 10-22-2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: add info

I am a Forum User
    Complete irony
    "Your communication will be sent to:
    Rep. Robert Wittenberg (DEM)"

I am a Forum User
    This is getting old. Cant we just have rights that they dont try to interpret to take away?

Quote Originally Posted by Michiganman18 View Post
    This is getting old. Cant we just have rights that they dont try to interpret to take away?
    No, they will never stop.

Email sent to my rep to stop this nonsense.

I am a Forum User
    This proposed legislation is the biggest pile of excrement I've read in a while...

Cant have a semi-auto rifle AND handgun under your control at the same time, unless you are at a range, at a shooting event, or it is unloaded so you can permanently give possession and ownership to police. So much for carrying a standard cap pistol while out walking your property with your AR....

Registration of this so-called assault weapon, mandatory searches....I'm sure renewal of the registration won't be free, hence unfair taxation on a Constitutional right...yep, just read it, section 4(3)... impose a fee.

aaaannd it's a felony for violating any of this. It's a good thing that rifles aren't registered in MI.... at least they don't have a current list of owners, just the original purchaser.

This doesn't even address a current problem in our State... just another grab for power and control, and another step towards total disarmament. Good thing it's unlikely to pass.

This proposal is dead !!! Not enough time for it to be considered. Could be re -introduced next session, but I doubt it will go anywhere.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Emailed my representative for the 32nd District, and got a good response.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me and share your opposition to House Bill 5996 which would regulate assault rifles. I am a supporter of the Second Amendment and believe in the rights of a law abiding citizen to own and possess a firearm. I oppose any government action that attempts to take away the rights of responsible gun owners.

House Bill 5996 looks to regulate the manufacture, possession, purchase, sale, and transfer of assault weapons. The bill also allows for current owners to continue to own and possess their current firearms as long as registration and regulations are met. This bill is currently before the criminal justice committee, a committee I do not sit on. Should the bill come before me, I will keep your thoughts in mind on the issue. Again, thank you for sharing your views with me, and if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact my office.

Sincerely,
    Andrea LaFontaine

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    This proposal is dead !!! Not enough time for it to be considered. Could be re -introduced next session, but I doubt it will go anywhere.
    This IS NOT DEAD, until legislature adjourns for this session and the bill is stuck in committee, "sine die".

We can not relax and just ignore it. Even though it is most likely to die in committee.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Tap View Post
    Emailed my representative for the 32nd District, and got a good response.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me and share your opposition to House Bill 5996 which would regulate assault rifles. I am a supporter of the Second Amendment and believe in the rights of a law abiding citizen to own and possess a firearm. I oppose any government action that attempts to take away the rights of responsible gun owners.

House Bill 5996 looks to regulate the manufacture, possession, purchase, sale, and transfer of assault weapons. The bill also allows for current owners to continue to own and possess their current firearms as long as registration and regulations are met. This bill is currently before the criminal justice committee, a committee I do not sit on. Should the bill come before me, I will keep your thoughts in mind on the issue. Again, thank you for sharing your views with me, and if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact my office.

Sincerely,
    Andrea LaFontaine
    You call this a "good" response?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MI redneck View Post
    You call this a "good" response?
    I thought the same thing. The 2nd paragraph seems to excuse the bill by saying "You can keep your guns, all you need to do is x, y and z".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast