Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 71commander View Post
    And what happens when you're in a vehicle with someone that you DON"T want to know that you carry a gun?
    Exactly, and since everyone in the vehicle is "stopped" during a traffic stop, if you are riding with an anti-gun idiot and they get pulled over you have a choice between disclosure (thus outing yourself to the anti-gun driver) and risking a potential failure to disclose charge.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    From what I've seen of goverment legal jargan ie codebooks (I'm an electrician) Shall always means you must do and May indicates that you have a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    And what is the past tense of "shall"?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    "did"?
    That made me wonder, what is the past tense of may?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 71commander View Post
    And what happens when you're in a vehicle with someone that you DON"T want to know that you carry a gun?
    Like whom? I have before and can continue to be discreet about my inform. I often hand the officer my license and CPL and state that I am currently in possession of the licensed item and ask for discretion with the occupants, in that case. Yes, it's not without any doubt clear; but it fulfills the requirement and is clear enough in the interaction with the officer, that he/she knows what my meaning is without anyone saying "gun" or "firearm".

Honestly, the passengers in my vehicle (who are exceedingly rare outside of my wife and son) would be not likely to be paying attention anyhow.

I mean, I get it... I'd rather there be NO duty to inform; but if there is, it doesn't cause such an issue in my life that I get all upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mosnar87 View Post
    Exactly, and since everyone in the vehicle is "stopped" during a traffic stop, if you are riding with an anti-gun idiot and they get pulled over you have a choice between disclosure (thus outing yourself to the anti-gun driver) and risking a potential failure to disclose charge.
    You could leave your CPL at home and carry under this new law. When you leave the state, take your CPL with you for reciprocity.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    :

Shoulda...
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    And what is the past tense of "shall"?
    "did"?

Shall - Should
    May - Might
    Can - Could
    Do - Did

The SCOTUS has determined that the use of "shall" is not always the decisive directive that we have always assumed it to be, when used in laws. The better language makes the statement that it "IS", "WILL", or "WILL NOT".

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Shoulda...

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Name the gun bill that ever got better in committee because they chipped away at the bad parts.

It just doesn't happen that way.
    ^^^THIS.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345