Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Monroe Rifle & Pistol Club 2017 HP League

Saturday March 18 kicks off the 2017 season @ Monroe Rifle & Pistol Club. There will be a total of 7 matches between March and October. This will be a mixed league with CMP GSM rifles firing along match and national match rifles. End of year awards for top 4 in each category + monetary payout for top 4 spots per category. Placement determine by aggregate or a competitors 4 highest scores in a category (AIMR & modern military, National Match / Match, RWYB)

Squadding begins @ 9 am. Show up at 8 to help setup range and pre-squad. Safety briefing @ 10 am, firing to begin immediately afterward. 2 relays per day, will add a 3rd if participation warrants.

I am a Forum User
    The second match of the year will be next Saturday 4/8/17. Squadding begins @ 9 am. We will run 2 relays unless participation warrants adding a third. Cost per match is $10 and $3 of every entry goes into the end of year championship payout.

If you want to give this a try get a hold of me and I can square you away, mentor and coach.

See you next Saturday.

I am a Forum User
    I took Rootsy up on his offer last year. I can't recommend it enough. Don't worry about the equipment or not knowing the format or procedure. He'll work with you before the match and have you on the target and all squared away. The matches are very laid back and a ton of fun. You've got nothing to lose. Go give it a try.

Rapid firing on a line full of Garands and ARs at 200 yards... I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.

Doc

I am a Forum User
    I've been kicking around the idea of this, and I really want to compete. I have a standard AR15 (nothing special, just a $500 cobblefab special), along with a Springfield M1A Socom 16. Which would be the better rifle to bring, and what class would I be placed in?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mitrail400ex View Post
    I've been kicking around the idea of this, and I really want to compete. I have a standard AR15 (nothing special, just a $500 cobblefab special), along with a Springfield M1A Socom 16. Which would be the better rifle to bring, and what class would I be placed in?
    Fire the AR in CMP Modern Military if it isn't National Match prepped and has a iron sights or a scope less than 4.5X. I don't get too carried away with adhering to the rulebook as long as the firearm is safe to operate and does not have a muzzle brake. If something is blatantly outside the scope of the CMP & NRA rifle rules for either AIMR / modern military or National Match / Match class that is why I have the RWYB category. That is likely where your SOCOM would fall.

I am awarding CMP achievement pins to anyone that makes the cut this year. The NM / match & RWYB are based on the CMP Modern Military cut scores. My awards program has a spot for the RWYB guns. Wish more ppl would take advantage of it if they don't have something available that fits in the other categories. If you can sling it, reload it in rapid fire, has no muzzle brake and is safe, have at it.

I am a Forum User
    The next match @ MRPC will be this Saturday 6/3/17. Squadding begins @ 9 am. $10 per match. Match program in first post. Hope to see you there!

I am a Forum User
    Reminder that the next scheduled match @ MRPC is August 19, 2017. Same squadding and firing time as previous matches this year. Show up @ 8 to help set us the range and squad early.

I am a Forum User
    26 competitors fired 38 matches on Saturday with some impressive scores. Overall AIMR match winner was Gordon Mason firing a 292-13x with his modern military legal AR15 A2. Right on his heels was Tim Plowman with a 292 from his Garand. Nick Till was National Match winner with a 292 from his service rifle firing the President's Course.

The next match (match #5) for 2017 will be Saturday September 16. Show up @ 8 am to set up range and squad first. Squadding will officially open after range setup and will close @ 9:45. Firing to begin after safety briefing. $10 per match, 2 matches per day allowed. Juniors (under 18 ) shoot for free. New shooters welcome. Please contact me if you are a new shooter and plan to come so I am prepared with extra equipment and I can advise on equipment to bring that you may have.