Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

HB 4416, 4417, 4418 4419 Right to carry

• HB 4416 of 2017
      Weapons; firearms; certain provisions regarding weapons; repeal. Amends secs. 227, 227b, 230 & 237a of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.227 et seq.) & repeals secs. 227a & 231a of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.227a & 750.231a).
      Last Action: 3/29/2017 bill electronically reproduced 03/28/2017
    • HB 4417 of 2017
      Weapons; firearms; 1927 PA 372; update references. Amends secs. 12 & 15 of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.432 & 28.435). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4416'17
    • HB 4418 of 2017
      Weapons; firearms; natural resources and environmental protection act; update references. Amends sec. 43510 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.43510). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4416'17
    • HB 4419 of 2017
      Weapons; firearms; sentencing guidelines; update. Amends sec. 12, ch. II & sec. 16m, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 762.12 & 777.16m). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4416'17

Translation Please?
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeto View Post
    Translation Please?
    Very basic and over simplified: They are removing carry of a loaded pistol as a crime if you are not otherwise prohibited. The BIG problem that Zig pointed out in another thread is that they are not also cleaning up the PFZ mess. Without the CPL, there is no OC exception, and of course no CPL exception.

Well intended, poorly thought out. In my opinion, it should not pass as written. It creates problems for those that haven't read the laws.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    The basic translation: They're just eliminating the CCW felony charge. All other aspects of the law remain the same.

Means that you can legally carry concealed without a CPL. However, without a CPL, you are not exempt from MCL 750.234d gun-free zones. Also, without a CPL, you are not at all subject to MCL 28.425o Concealed-PFZs.

I appreciate the effort, but it seems like a half hearted attempt... Possibly to prevent a real Constitutional bill from being introduced?

As mentioned, without the needed changes, this could just get people in trouble.

At the least, disclosure needs to be removed.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Revdrshad View Post
    I appreciate the effort, but it seems like a half hearted attempt... Possibly to prevent a real Constitutional bill from being introduced?

As mentioned, without the needed changes, this could just get people in trouble.

I'll second that.

I am a Forum User

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't read "disclosure" in this bill. Care to point it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I'll second that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but I didn't read "disclosure" in this bill. Care to point it for me?
    HB 4003 is the bill with detention and disclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    That's the problem... No repeal of disclosure anywhere. No discussion anywhere that I saw. So, to me, it seems like it is maybe setting a non-CPL holder who chooses to conceal, up for failure. And holding a CPL recipient to a higher standard of "Disclosure" (to an LEO), than a non-permit holder.
    See how it all seems contradictory. As mentioned, poorly thought out.

I could be reading it wrong. Thoughts?

I am a Forum User
    That's the problem... No repeal of disclosure anywhere. No discussion anywhere that I saw. So, to me, it seems like it is maybe setting a non-CPL holder who chooses to conceal, up for failure. And holding a CPL recipient to a higher standard of "Disclosure" (to an LEO), than a non-permit holder.
    See how it all seems contradictory. As mentioned, poorly thought out.

I could be reading it wrong. Thoughts?
    Simple, I'll just let my CPL expire, then I wont have a duty to inform anymore.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast